Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I ordered a pair of "Modquad" rezzie clamps from Durhamtown Powersports Outlet online more than 5 weeks ago... and they're still not here. But that isn't the real problem with them. Every time I've called them to find out what's going on or when my clamps would be here... they tell me that the guy that handles the online sales isn't there. This is total BS!! No one else can tell me when my parts will be here. If this is what can be expected with their customer service... screw them and their parts. They're not the only ones who carry the clamps, but they're the ones who have my money right now. All I can say is they'll NEVER get another penny from me... for anything, even if they are the only ones who have the part.

roadkill

Update on Page two here.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I rode at Durhamtown one time and god what a waste of time and money it was!! I would never recommend anyone go there to ride, shop, camp, eat, or even take a dump!! Sorry about your deal dude.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Are you guys talkin about Durhamtown in GA? Ive been there once and looked to be a nice place to ride, had a MX track, 400ft dragstrip and round track. I didnt bring anything to ride so I didnt get off on any trails. I went to watch the roundtrack racing and 400ft.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered a pair of "Modquad" rezzie clamps from Durhamtown Powersports Outlet online more than 5 weeks ago... and they're still not here. But that isn't the real problem with them. Every time I've called them to find out what's going on or when my clamps would be here... they tell me that the guy that handles the online sales isn't there. This is total BS!! No one else can tell me when my parts will be here. If this is what can be expected with their customer service... screw them and their parts. They're not the only ones who carry the clamps, but they're the ones who have my money right now. All I can say is they'll NEVER get another penny from me... for anything, even if they are the only ones who have the part.

roadkill
As a longtime Durhamtown rider and supporter, this just doesn't sound like them. So I called the shop and spoke to Leo, 706-549-4030. He has seen this post and is genuinely concerned about your issue. Call him and I'm certain you can get this squared away.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know anything about a riding area... just that I don't think they're worth a shit when it comes to ordering parts online.
The address I have for the from their order confirmation email is:
4300 Atlanta Highway
Borart, GA.

There has been an update on this... I again called after I posted this thread. And again, "the guy that handles online orders isn't here"... Same BS. My reply was... "Is there anyone there that knows WTF they're doing that can help me?" I guess she didn't like me getting upset and cussing at her because she hung up on me. Go figure... With customer service like I've seen, you'd think she would be used to getting cussed at. Thin skinned bitch!
The clamps did arrive... at the wrong address. They sent the clamps to my home instead of my shipping address. I never have anything sent to my house as I'm seldom at home. I always have stuff sent to my office because there's always someone here to recieve what's sent. And, in the confirmation email, they did have the right address to ship to... but sent it to the billing address instead. Clamps arrived @ 4:50 P.M. yesterday.

I also thought I was ordering from "Tucker Rocky"... and it even says that on the package the clamps are in. It wasn't till I got the confirmation email that I saw anything about Durhamtown Powersports Outlet... My reaction: "Who the F are these people?"

All in all, my parts are here. But my recomendation not to deal with them still stands. If they don't like what I've got to say about them and their service... They have my address and know where to find me... SCREW THEM!

roadkill

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well, I am sorry to hear that. But that "Tucker Rocky" thing may shed a little light on it. I wonder if TR just had whatever distributor who had them in stock send it. Is the number you are calling actually Durhamtown Powersports Outlet or is it the Proshop located at Durhamtown Plantation; they are related companies, but different.

I was hoping you'd have a happier ending. Wanted to help a fellow TRex'er out as payback for all the good info I get from this forum.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The number I called was the one on the email order confirmation and that was for Durhamtown Powersports Outlet.

Thing is, they sent out the confirmation email right away and the part was listed as "in stock". But, for it to take 5+ weeks for something to be sent that's in stock is un-acceptable. Then, you have to take into consideration that "the guy" that handles online orders was never there and no one else could or would help. THAT is not a good way to run a business. On top of all that, they can't even send the part to the right address. I was lucky that I just happened to be home yesterday to sign for the part.

I don't think I'm the only one who gets impatient waiting for goodies to arrive. We all want our orders here yesterday. This has just left a bad taste in my mouth... and got me rather pissed. I should've just ordered direct from ModQuad in the first place... This is what I get for trying to save a whole $6.00

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can you cancel???
The part came yesterday... and my credit card was dinged for the charge for the part right away as well... Then it became a wait... too late to do anything else. Calling them did no good except to raise my blood pressure and get me more and more pissed.

roadkill

·
Registered
80 Posts
Rightfully pissed, I understand. I wish they would have been more helpful. If there are any other issues, talk to Leo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lol, I am the internet guy. Man you are a rare case. As for the confirmation email you received, its part of our system. We have so many parts and accessories we haven't had time to inventory everything we do have in stock on this new site. Our system automatically says its in stock as we havent gotten to every tedious part. So thats fault #1.

This is the availability for the part you ordered.

SHCK RES CLAMP SET BLK 1" BODY
ModQuad SCL-1BLK

FL IL TX PA CA CO OR ds

At the time of your order, there was 1 available in the USA via Tucker Rocky. I emailed you at your Yahoo account but received a kickback error.

K so the order took 2 weeks to get to me from california via UPS ground. I believe it came in around the 20th or 21st. I dont work at 4300 Atlanta Hwy I work at the Durhamtown Resort in Union Point, GA. Hence the "hes not here" when you called 706-549-4030. I visit them every week or so.

It went out from our store the 22nd or 23rd depending on which day UPS picked up to come back to California.

I am pretty good at filling orders in a timely fashion but I am one guy doing a job for 10. I should have called you. As for the shipping address, my bad dude. Its the same street. I must have overlooked the house number and thought they were the same address. I handle lots of orders each day.

You dont ever have to spend a penny at our store again, in your case I understand your frustration completely. Our online sector is still in development so I am trying my best.

Our resort kicks ass but its pretty far away from you.

In my effort to gain your next penny and make it up to you. I will give you an additional 5% off any item in any of the catalogs and make sure I arrange a Drop-Shipment to your business address lol.

Thanks and have a great day.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That is the Durhamtown folks the we have come to know...Helpful. I had a feeling that you were at the Proshop, not the outlet. 10% off is better :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem. I called the Atlanta Hwy store today to check on some parts in stock and was told we were being flamed online. Im an internet guy so it wasnt hard to find via Google lol. I know Ive filled every order, but in this case not to roadkill's satisfaction. Our site has only been up for 3 months. We've been in some transitional phases trying to hire new guys and get more people on this sector of our business but its hard to find good online help in a small town.

Im glad I found this so I can buckle down and stay on top of my mistakes lol. This sucks for roadkill but I assure you this is the first problem of its kind for us.

Ordering stuff through distributors sucks. I have to wait for them to process and ship the order before I can make a move. We are working on becoming more efficient.

Once again my apologies roadkill. If I could stock every part for a trx700 just for you I certainly would.

:::: EDIT ::::

In the spirit of Christmas, lol, 10% it shall be.

As a matter of fact. Let all members of this forum receive an additional 10% off any item in our catalogs.

Email me first lol, [email protected].

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No problem. I called the Atlanta Hwy store today to check on some parts in stock and was told we were being flamed online. Im an internet guy so it wasnt hard to find via Google lol. I know Ive filled every order, but in this case not to roadkill's satisfaction. Our site has only been up for 3 months. We've been in some transitional phases trying to hire new guys and get more people on this sector of our business but its hard to find good online help in a small town.

Im glad I found this so I can buckle down and stay on top of my mistakes lol. This sucks for roadkill but I assure you this is the first problem of its kind for us.

Ordering stuff through distributors sucks. I have to wait for them to process and ship the order before I can make a move. We are working on becoming more efficient.

Once again my apologies roadkill. If I could stock every part for a trx700 just for you I certainly would.

As a matter of fact. Let all members of this forum receive an additional 10% off any item in our catalogs.

Email me first lol, [email protected].
I accept your apology and hope that you get things worked out. I don't know the differece between the Proshop and whatever else, I just called the number on the email. The girl on the phone could've been more helpful or at least directed my call. JMO
I think that you understand that most riders want things yesterday and that we are a generally impatient bunch. We ride fast quads and do things fast.
flamed online.
I guess flaming goes with living in San Francisco. lol

roadkill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lol nah, no reference to San Francisco.

Flamed or Flaming is (urban dictionary)

Flaming:

1. To engage in an online argument usually involving personal attacks by one or more parties.

:p figure of speech on teh interwebs.

I know man, everyone wants things as fast as they get their email these days. The post services just arent up to speed. I could have gotten it to you faster but we caught TR charging full retail to the dealers on drop-shipments and not telling us about it. Youve got my attention now, so any order your place from now on is ranked VIP lol.

I love TRX's lol. I rode a trx450r around the flat track at our resort to test it out. I got up to 4th and I was literally floating around the burns instead of drifting lol. Scary fast XD. Honda is FTW (For The Win lol)

·
Registered
80 Posts

Email me first lol, [email protected]
Check your e-mail. I may have some parts I need

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
BTW, I came across this "smokin deal" online for the helmet I bought, it was a One Industries flamed helmet that I absolutely love. I went to Durhamtown like 2 weeks later to watch the racing and went into their shop. They had the helmet in stock for 10 bucks less than I got online(and I dug for 2 days online for the best price). I was like crap!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lol funny thing about that is, most of the companies that make aftermarket parts or accessories like Thor, Alpine, Icon, One Ind, etc have minimum advertised price policies (MAPP) So in most cases the best deal you see online isnt really the best deal because any products that are placed online fall under the advertising policy because the price is open to the public. They are getting stricter on online pricing b/c everyone wants to try and have the best deal so they try to violate the policy on 1 or 2 items to draw people in. Our site meets all the requirements of our distributors.

The only way you will find smoking deals online is closeout sections or parts and accessories the dealers have in stock from the previous year.

Truly the best deals are only available with a company like us where you email me and I give you a price in a private setting. I cannot come to your forum and say hey come get x% off any item in the Parts Unlimited catalog for instance b/c their MAPP states none of their products can be advertised for less than retail, plus it would most likely violate the policies of the forum. However I can talk in a private setting via email about whatever you need, locate the item and give you a price like you would receive in the proshop here on site.

In our Proshop we can put whatever prices we want on anything b/c its on our property and its not being openly advertised. We mark everything in the Proshop 15-20% below retail, some items 40% off lol. The best deal you could find on our site on new products would be 15% off the Western Powersports catalogs b/c they have the most lenient MAPP.

All online shops must comply with the MAPPs or they get their distribution accounts taken away lol.

So when shopping online its always better to email someone or call them and try to get a better deal than you see online. Hope that helps you guys out in the future :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts