Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok heres the delima want douglas blue label .125 rims for sand light weight rim or the itp t-9 pro series .190 rims. started thinking the douglas might be too weak for a 550lbs quad when jumping... so what is everyones opinion or experiences. i know there are a few bent rims out there. thanks guys!

·
Registered
445 Posts
douglas blue label .125 rims = just throwing money down the drain. DWT make a quality product but my 5 year old could bend .125 rims.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I would stay away from the .125's douglas makes great rims, i have never run them on a quad but have used many on micro sprints. i have a set of t-9's and they work great! Ford or Chevy you choose

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah thats what im starting to think and especially being such a big quad the .125 wont hold.

ps. CHEVY ALL THE WAY.lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
I use the ITP t-9 and have had great success with them. I really can't comment on douglas but I do know they make a quality product. But whether quality or not the thickness seems pretty shallow though.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Between the .125 and .190 wheel, I would pick the .190 every time.

As far as Douglas vs ITP, I used to run ITP Baja's and we would bend one or two at evey race. I switched to Douglas yellow labels and have only bent one in two years, plus the yellow labels are a little cheaper then a Baja. Figure since they share my name they must be good!:hey:

Now if Douglas would just make something other then a red label for the rear of the 700XX, those I think I might have a problem with bending. I guess time will tell.

Doug

·
Registered
58 Posts
Between the .125 and .190 wheel, I would pick the .190 every time.

As far as Douglas vs ITP, I used to run ITP Baja's and we would bend one or two at evey race. I switched to Douglas yellow labels and have only bent one in two years, plus the yellow labels are a little cheaper then a Baja. Figure since they share my name they must be good!:hey:

Now if Douglas would just make something other then a red label for the rear of the 700XX, those I think I might have a problem with bending. I guess time will tell.

Doug
Does Douglas make a 11 inch for the rear?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The best set up would be the Douglas 11" wheel with OMF reinforcing rings. This set up is by far the strongest you can get, and they will last forever. And they look cool to.

·
Registered
217 Posts
The best set up would be the Douglas 11" wheel with OMF reinforcing rings. This set up is by far the strongest you can get, and they will last forever. And they look cool to.
Is there such an animal and how much would it cost for a pair?:hey:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my buddy did a pair of locking ring on his xx and they turned out awesome it was about 390 for rears. and yes the stock 11'' is great but without the right tire you wont go far.

·
Registered
95 Posts
my buddy did a pair of locking ring on his xx and they turned out awesome it was about 390 for rears. and yes the stock 11'' is great but without the right tire you wont go far.
If you get them with out the locking rings it will save you some money.
And from my experience the locking rings are not needed, But they do look good.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Who sells the Douglas 11" rears I have been looking and can't find them.
I get mine directly from Douglas, but any dealer should be able to get them. You will probably have to call the dealer though, I doubt anyone will have them on their website.

Doug

·
Registered
671 Posts
Did you just call douglas?? I tried to email them and got no responce. Thanks for your help!!!
Yes, I always call and talk to Glenn.

Doug

·
Registered
95 Posts
Who sells the Douglas 11" rears I have been looking and can't find them.

I am set up as a dealer with OMF to help promote and sell their products. The 11" DWT wheels with OMF reinforcing rings retails for $169.95 I can sell them to you through Matlock Racing for $152.95 per wheel plus shipping. Until our new Matlock Racing web store is up you can contact us at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Wayne I may be contacting you soon Concerning these wheels!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am set up as a dealer with OMF to help promote and sell their products. The 11" DWT wheels with OMF reinforcing rings retails for $169.95 I can sell them to you through Matlock Racing for $152.95 plus shipping. Until our new Matlock Racing web store is up you can contact us at [email protected]
Me too. Can we get them in black?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts