Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched for hours but I just do some bracket racing on Fri eve to pass the eve but ride Middle Tn trails the rest of the time so wanted some input for the track. I have some 10' rims for front and rear which should help. DS450 front shock mod seemed to raise the front some but I was thinking about just using the old tiedown strap front and rear to load the shocks. Just need a few inches really and would like it to be easy.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Air up front tires, and unless your spinning air up rears. If you wheeie hard looseen front up and stiffen rear. Put lightest wheel/tire combo on the bike, make sure you are consistent. Dial ins are crucial

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
Searched for hours but I just do some bracket racing on Fri eve to pass the eve but ride Middle Tn trails the rest of the time so wanted some input for the track. I have some 10' rims for front and rear which should help. DS450 front shock mod seemed to raise the front some but I was thinking about just using the old tiedown strap front and rear to load the shocks. Just need a few inches really and would like it to be easy.
Z400 shocks :tup:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I have always had 450's and had lowering blocks. I did run this at the last race in fall once and it was fast stock just was a wheelie monster. I am sure the 10" wheels all around will help some. I beat em like step kids on the 450 just wanted to get a leg up on the 700. 13 tooth, programer and slip-on really woke the bike up.

·
Registered
316 Posts
what surface you racing on? dirt , asphalt? some friends of mine who run sand drags told me to pull the back down as tight as I could get it with ratchet straps, and not worry about the front but I am running z400 front springs on factory shock so it is lower than stock by about 3 inches. I am running 20" paddles on the back and 21" razors on the front.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am running the 1/8 mile asphalt. bracket racing on sat night. What I need is a adaptor that allows me to run the 10" rims from my Old Honda 450 on this bigger bolt pattern. Do they make one?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts