Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My buddy just got an 08 Outlaw 525 (stock) and he loves to claim that he has the fastest machine out there. We got in our first ride of spring with my new 700xx and his Outlaw. Where we ride, there's about a 150 yard flat section of land perfect for drag racing. So, he was itching to line them up and go.

He does claim, and I heard from others too, that the Outlaw will outrun any 4 stroke, stock vs. stock, machine to date. It really is race-ready. So, I expected to lose, but was curious how bad because of the huge difference in weight.

Overall, I was impressed with the 700xx. We raced about 4x, and I did win once. I would say that the average length of victory was only about a half quad length for the Polaris. It really did come down to the launch and driver. With being a big lug like the critics claim, the 700 did very well.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I tested a '08 450 MXR Outlaw on the dealers little test track they had. It was superb to jump with the Fox shocks (that will be in the future of our XX, Just distant at this point :disgust:) and the track handling was a dream. The reverse thumb trigger is sweet as well. The dealer had that one at $5100 out the door as well. The XX, however, had less maintenance requirements and I know Honda's rep for quality so the waranty, backed by a better trail suspension, made me pick the XX (and her love of the XX by looks) over the Polaris.

I REALLY enjoyed the 450MXR tho :yay:and wanted this kit for it soo bad LMAO:

·
Registered
667 Posts
Tell your body i will line up with him any day. I will below is 525 away! LOL

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tested a '08 450 MXR Outlaw on the dealers little test track they had. It was superb to jump with the Fox shocks (that will be in the future of our XX, Just distant at this point :disgust:) and the track handling was a dream. The reverse thumb trigger is sweet as well. The dealer had that one at $5100 out the door as well. The XX, however, had less maintenance requirements and I know Honda's rep for quality so the waranty, backed by a better trail suspension, made me pick the XX (and her love of the XX by looks) over the Polaris.

I REALLY enjoyed the 450MXR tho :yay:and wanted this kit for it soo bad LMAO:
Wow is that ugly. :lol:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tell your body i will line up with him any day. I will below is 525 away! LOL
He's no slouch when it comes to drag racing. Pretty good launcher on a fast machine. Unless you weigh 100 lbs or have the big three, it'll be a tough race.

I hope your launching isn't as bad as your spelling! haha. just kiddin.

·
Registered
60 Posts
my brother has a 525 outlaw with an hmf slip-on and re-jetted. I have a 13 tooth, hmf slip on and a programmer on the xx. We raced 1 time. He got me on the start by half a length and thats exactly the way we finished.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
my brother has a 525 outlaw with an hmf slip-on and re-jetted. I have a 13 tooth, hmf slip on and a programmer on the xx. We raced 1 time. He got me on the start by half a length and thats exactly the way we finished.
Sounds very alike my races. Does your slip on and programmer make a noticable difference in power?

·
Registered
60 Posts
It does make a noticeable difference. Not a huge difference but, definitely noticeable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've got a stock 700xx with a 13 tooth in front and raced my buddies 525 Outlaw IRS piped and jetted and our fourwheelers are pretty much the exact same, he pulls about 3/4 of a length in 4th but i catch right back up to him and pass him in 5th.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had a chance to race the 500 outlaw along with the 525. And yes it did come down to launch but for me it was way easier on this bike over a 450, the traction on the 700xx is way better. Of course the 700 also had a way higher top speed so if the trck is a decent length then you would always win.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
He's no slouch when it comes to drag racing. Pretty good launcher on a fast machine. Unless you weigh 100 lbs or have the big three, it'll be a tough race.

I hope your launching isn't as bad as your spelling! haha. just kiddin.
i think he has a built engine

1 - 14 of 14 Posts