Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to mount up a pair of DS650 fenders on my 700XX without too much trouble.

• First, jack up the ATV and remove the front wheels.
  • Second, remove the tie rod nut from the Honda steering plate.
  • Then, the stock Bombardier fender brackets need to be modified by drilling out one hole each to the size of the tie rod bolt.
  • Next, widen the brackets slightly between the two plates, about a half inch or a tad less.
  • Place the brackets into position and hold with the tie rod nut installed.

Now comes the trickiest part: Mount up the plastic fender just enough to hold it in place. Eyeball the fender from the rear, check to see if they're crooked. When you have the fenders straight, hold in position with a small c-clamp. The final step is to drill a small hold through the fender bracket and steering plate. Then secure it via a bolt and lock nut. This bolt keeps the bracket from going out of position and the tie rod bolt/nut secures everything nice and tight.

In the end, a bit of a PITA to line up correctly and you will have to fiddle a bit with widening of the brackets and such. But let me tell you, it's a night and day difference when riding the damp trails of NY. It has cut down on the crap flying at me by a significant amount!

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
thats perfect. i sold my ds650 for the xx and thats the first thing i noticed on my first ride with the xx was how muddy i was instantly. will this fit with a bigger than stock size tire?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
:xx:there is another guy on here that done that. i think he goes by nash04

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm running 22x7x10 right now with no issue. The 23x7x10's would probably not work however.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I really like the new look. Is there a left and right bracket on the DS? Do you need to put the right on the right, etc. Same with the fenders? Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a a left and right bracket on the DS and they are used in the same manner on our 700's.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great idea. Im all over this mod.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
BTW. Fenders will NOT fit if you have nerf bars. I had to remove mine which were the Honda racing ones.
Any interest in giving the nerfs away cheap?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts