Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I left the forum DS shock swaps were just coming about. All you guys that done the swaps, Could you give me some updates on how there holding up and your impressions on them so far.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I probably have over 150 hours on mine, and they are just fine. The thing I didn't like is that I didn't get the upper shock flush w/ the mounts on the inside, it was a little loose, due to a few cold ones. Plus, the bushing was falling out due to not having any rubber around it anymore. Other than that, that's the only complaint I have, which is nothing as once it is installed, the bushing can't go anywhere. I did have to set the preload all the way down to get remotely the same height. But for the 120 I paid I think it was, they are definately worth the upgrade. A big difference over stock. I have left it at the stock settings they came, they were brand new take offs, and other than the preload initial adjustment, I haven't adjusted anything else, unlike on the 450's when I'd adjust it for race to race. Granted, I am not jumping this over triples or anything, but I have hit quite a few nice jumps, and I have only bottomed these out once, when I hit a 60ft table, but I was trying to clear the small step up after it as well, and I landed front tires first...by a lot. I say they are a great investment for someone that isn't going out of their way to race or anything. I had the whole scramble season on them, and they have held up great. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I put them on mine I love them. Night and Day over the stock shocks. I am sure that there are better options available but for less than $200 these do an awesome job. They have compression and rebound damping adjustments with just a screwdriver. I used shock covers ($30 for 4) to cover the yellow springs. I have about 30-40 hours on them so far no problems of any kind.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes sir, exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'd purchased a set last year and resold them to wait and see how everyones would hold up. Seems I need to get another set to install. All they'll ever see is trails.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've got them and like them. I couldn't justify elka's or fox when I'm only seeing trails. No complaints here. I had my friend mill them down to the correct width at a machine shop so it would be perfectly flat and the correct size. I have not had issies with the rubber piece but it may be becasue it was never grinded on. I read where someone burned the rubber up and now it is loose. I don't have to many hours on them yet but I could feel the difference.... It got cold and I'm a pussy lol

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I cant find these shocks for any less than 250 now, every time I go to buy some I talk myself out of it. I just keep thinking I can get Elka stage 2's for 700 so I might just wait.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
I cant find these shocks for any less than 250 now, every time I go to buy some I talk myself out of it. I just keep thinking I can get Elka stage 2's for 700 so I might just wait.

I can get you the Fox Podium X Rears for 900.00.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Jake i might have to take a look at yours when i decide to buy a set. This is next on my mod list because im tired of bottoming out haha.

·
Premium Member
2,487 Posts
I can get you the Fox Podium X Rears for 900.00.
Now your talking. When my build is done I will have to get in contact with your contact. lol. Now I feel bad for wanting to make more HP than you :lmao:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Jake i might have to take a look at yours when i decide to buy a set. This is next on my mod list because im tired of bottoming out haha.
No problem dude. Let's get a ride in at getwell or sugar creek when everything dries and we won't freeze our nads off. I have the l8ton 9/16 sway bar. You can't ride it and see the difference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts