Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really like to get the ds450 shocks but i have a couple questions. I understand that the 450x end up being about a half inch longer than the regular 450 shocks...so the question is, which one do i want or does it even matter. Also who makes the shocks for can am, and will i need to use a different spring than the one that they come with stock. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
734 Posts
No idea on the 450 vs the 450x ones, the Can-am shocks are made by KYB (Kayaba).

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
The ds shocks are about a half inch longer correct. I just put them on with the yellow spring and adjusted the preload off as much as possible with the spring still being held in place tight. This has worked great!! huge inprovement over stock and a little bit of extra ground clearance too... didn't take measurements before i put them on but now the botton of the frame between the front of the two controll arms is 14 1/2 inches. Someone take a measurement of stock.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
FFWood, it doesn't matter. From everything I can tell, the difference between the two is color. I asked the guy I bought mine from as he races in GNCC, and that is what he said. Mine were half an inch longer than stock, and I have the regular 450 shocks, DaGirl's got the X shocks and hers are the same length. Just do what EIN said about the preload, and you will be good. Of course you can tighten them down even more as well though like TRIZZ, but I think that makes it sit up way to high, plus not as much bounce.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did the same thing that "ein" did. I have the X model shocks installed, and love them. I adjusted the preload all the way off, while keeping the spring tight. If you do that you should not have any problems

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for everyones help...it all makes since now. Ein, i am currently at work but i will let you know how high mine sits tomorrow afternoon when i get home.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
How is yours 5.5", measure end to end.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I was just making a bad joke, never mind.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I was just making a bad joke, never mind.
HAHA.......shucks. I was like WTF is he measuring.....the one day my mind isn't in the gutter

1 - 15 of 15 Posts