Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Some pics of swap. The front end sits about 1.5-1.75 inches higher after all said and done. Pre-load backed all the way off. I haven't really taken it out except in the snow on my street. Not to sure how I feel about the extra height yet.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What modifications did you have to make in order for them to fit? Please post how they feel once you get a chance to ride with them.
The only modification was the grinding of the mounts and shocks. If you take your time it really isn't that bad and it should come out clean looking. There are a couple of posts on here that explain the swap in detail.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
looks to be sitting up really high in the front.

It is higher than it was before. Like I said about a 1.5-1.75 higher.
These pics were taken right off the jack so it may look higher than it actually is. I tried getting info to see if anyone had the same concerns after their install. I compared my preload to others that have posted pictures of their swap. Much more threads showing on mine as compared to others and mine is barely tight on the spring. It seems some where not bothered by the extra height. Not sure how I feel.

Any additonal feedback from anyone that has done the swap would be great. Not trying to make this into a Tech post...sorry admin!

·
Registered
551 Posts
Looks great! Gonna get me a set b4 long, let us know how they work.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Looks good. Did you use the springs that came off the xx or did you find a set that were grey?

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
It is higher than it was before. Like I said about a 1.5-1.75 higher.
These pics were taken right off the jack so it may look higher than it actually is. I tried getting info to see if anyone had the same concerns after their install. I compared my preload to others that have posted pictures of their swap. Much more threads showing on mine as compared to others and mine is barely tight on the spring. It seems some where not bothered by the extra height. Not sure how I feel.

Any additonal feedback from anyone that has done the swap would be great. Not trying to make this into a Tech post...sorry admin!
Ok sorry man i just looked at the pic.'s and didn't read your original post!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks good. Did you use the springs that came off the xx or did you find a set that were grey?

I had the springs powder coated. I'll let you guys know how they hold up. So far so good. The true test will be around May at Hatfield MC.

·
Registered
369 Posts
did ur rubber bushing get loose after the grinding when i grinded them the bushing was real loose can u replace the bushings if so what tools do u need?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
did ur rubber bushing get loose after the grinding when i grinded them the bushing was real loose can u replace the bushings if so what tools do u need?
No, the rubber bushings did not get loose, but the metal spacer in the middle did on one the shocks. I don't think you can replace the bushing. You could try to grind the shock alittle thinner and use really thin (I mean thin) stainless steel washers to keep everything in place. I accidentally grinded one too thin and did just that and it worked out fine.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Step,
For all the riding you do is seems like you may need to put a sissy bar on her. :hey: LOL
Can wait till the end of July. Seen ya later in the week.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts