Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
574 Posts
The travel of the shock itself is exactly the same. The length of the two are also exactly the same before disassembly, the problem why it looks so high is that the DS spring is actually a little shorter than the xx spring, and I put the xx spring on the ds shocks. The reason I did this is because I am a bigger guy, so when I am on it, the front sags to about normal with the spring preload backed off all the way with the xx springs. I am gonna end up putting the DS springs back on to give it a try to see what I like better.

Jason
Jason,
How did you get the stock spring off? Looking at mine it looks like I would have to ruin the shock to get the spring off. I just modded a set of DS shocks to fit and I would like to use the stock springs.
Thanks. :xx:

· Registered
574 Posts
look at the other end of the shock that you want to ruin, pull the spring down a little and you will see the round disk that is squared off on two spots, a channel lock or big crescent wrench will do the trick. After you figure out how to hold the shaft, the end will turn right off.
I was pretty sure they could be taken apart without ruining them, but I didn't see anything obvious.

Tonight we wrench!

Thanks again,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.