Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry for the delay, been super busy.....here if a couple finished pics....I would have loved to document the install better, but didnt have the time...I have a set of shock boots on order, I'll try to post a pic of the top mounts when I have them off....Thanks guys!!!
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
60 Posts
still loads of travel, up and down....plus i have the preloads all the way backed off......

·
Registered
60 Posts
Keep lookin...I found mine for $100 shipped!!!!...(Thanks Scuzz!!!)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well done blkcruzer....its amazing how much better these bears ride with some real socks instead of the stock pogosticks...lol
I did alot less moding to the upper mount on the frame and took a little off the inside of the upper shock mount instead. I did all the trimming of the shock on a bad saw and only had to smooth out the bumps on the frame...all in all, pretty much the same procedure.....great job on the pics, i appoligize i havent had time to take pics.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am currently running the DS springs, I like the lower front stance, puts more weight on the front wheels....Im 6ft2, 190lbs, and havent bottomed them yet, but i have the clickers set fairly hard...i think around 15clicks comp and rebound out of 20.....i might cut down the stock springs and see how they are, but havent had time to ride enough to tell.....

·
Registered
60 Posts
I guess I owe everyone here an apoligy, yes I have installed these on my XX. The upper mounts on the bike need a little massaging and grinding to give clearance, the top of the shock body needs to be trimmed in width as well as the inside being trimmed to clear the frame during travel. All in all, the work great. Night and day difference. I myself am wanting to lower the COG on this hog, so I have the preload backed of all the way. I would have rathered gone with about an inch or so shorter shock body with a little more travel.
One other thing that made a huge difference, was taking the stock front springs and installing them on the rear shocks. It allows the rear to be able to drop into a whoop at higher speeds and soak it up rather than just banging the tops. This combination and a steering damper have made this machine a complete different animal.
I've searched all over and haven't found any confirmation of this swap being done. It was talked about but never picked back up. I've got a line on a set of shocks and would like to know if it is in fact possible. I'm sure a couple other xx riders out there would be pleased to know as well!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.