Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner

21 - 40 of 244 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Did you get a chance to ride with them yet?

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
OOOO I wish I had some spare cash around! I bought my XX in Dec and between 4 tires, bumper, grab bar, nerfs, and other stuff I am piss broke! :( Hey Scott (xx700xx) now that we are buddies how about a loanski?

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
How about some good close ups so we can see what the upper mount looks like? Please.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
my friend has a predator and his stock shock fits the 700xx without modifing anything...they are fox not KYB... so here it is the girl question... what is the difference between these shocks and is it a bad thing to have to modify them?
There were a few different FOX shocks available for the Predator; I dont think any of them are as adjustable as the DS450 shocks.......One thing about some of the Pred shocks were that they were upgradeable with genuine Polaris (FOX) external ressi's.........that will just blow out the cost though.

Modifying the mounts should make no difference if done well.

Pics would be good.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
thanks OZLINC! I understand everyones preference to Elka because of the air in fox but how does the KYB compare to them? which shock are you all talking about these are what I see on the can am site?

I tried to research this KYB shock I only find links for them with the DS450 or cars? Have they been around long?
  • Kashima-coated KYB HPG C40 aluminum piggyback front shocks with dual-speed compression, rebound and preload adjustments and 10.7 inches (272 mm) of travel
or
  • KYB HPG C36 aluminum piggyback front shocks with dual-speed compression, rebound and preload adjustments and 9.6 inches (245 mm) of travel

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
734 Posts
I think they are Kayaba, if so they are the same brand used in yamahas.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I want to find out if the Fox shocks with resevoirs that are on the front of the Outlaw MXR450 will work. I'll see if I can borrow a set from someone.

·
Registered
626 Posts
i cant understand why everyone is scared of the air in fox shocks? give it time and elka will produce them in my opionin

·
Registered
291 Posts
i cant understand why everyone is scared of the air in fox shocks? give it time and elka will produce them in my opionin
Nothing wrong at all. Axis makes air shocks as well. Just need to check and adjust the air pressure for different temperatures. They are used by the MX and GNCC national champs....

·
Registered
734 Posts
Nothing wrong at all. Axis makes air shocks as well. Just need to check and adjust the air pressure for different temperatures. They are used by the MX and GNCC national champs....
Exactly, Fox Float X Evols and Axis pro air are considered 2 of the best shocks!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I reread a couple of sonics post and it seems like most of the trimming was done on the top mount of the shock, not the xx frame. I am glad I reread his posts, because at first, I thought he was talking about cutting up the xx's upper mounts.
Jason

·
Registered
112 Posts
I sold enough plasma and scraped together enough to get a set, got them put on tonight. It was a fair amount of work, but they turned out pretty well!!
Pics to follow later.
Jason

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought the set for 60 bucks a piece, so with shipping it was $140 for the set and about 6 bucks worth of grinder disks.

Jason

21 - 40 of 244 Posts