Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
101 - 120 of 244 Posts

· Registered
437 Posts
Workin well for me....including alot of moto with no issues....take your time on them and use the right tools and the final product will be good. Eventually I will get them to Wiig however I have been bit by the SuperMoto Bug

· Registered
1,592 Posts
i bought the ds 450 shocks and did the grinding on them but the rubber bushing in the top was all loose so i am back to using the crappy stockers for now
ill take them 100$

· Registered
14 Posts
Just orderd a pair of the ds450x shocks. $118 shipped from one of the guys on the ds forum. I notice some here have milled or grinded down from one side, some from both sides. which is better? I will be having a professional machine shop mill them for me. Only charging me $20 so why not? :hey:

· Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I would do it from both sides so they are symmetrical. Especially considering you are having a professional shop do it. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

· Registered
148 Posts
I don't really know because I didn't grind my flat lol. I feel like what we are talking about is the most important part though and having perfectly flat sides that are the right width and on the center line of the shock body is worth $20. I spend more than that on beer

· Registered
132 Posts
Im a little worried about modifying the shocks and the mounts so I may be selling the set I bought. Theyre used but still in good shape. Ill have to get $120 plus shipping.

· Premium Member
288 Posts
I have done this mod to two different xx's it's super easy!! I don't know why everyone is so afraid of it? Pm me and I can help walk you through it. Working on a "how to" and need to know what people are having trouble with.

· Registered
132 Posts
Im worried about how high it will sit. without taking off the stock shocks the ds shocks look to be about an inch to an inch and a half longer. Is it possible to have them shortened? I was going to pm josh @ wiigstyle but I see he has left the site. Anyone know the story there? I thought he was a great addition to the site

· Registered
14 Posts
Talked to the guy that was going to mill mine. He recommended putting on new shock mounts. For $75 for the pair., I said works for me! Will be taking the quad to him tomorrow for the retrofit. Guy builds high end sandrails from the ground up, so he knows what he is doing. Will make sure I get good before/after pics.

· Registered
142 Posts
I have done this mod to two different xx's it's super easy!! I don't know why everyone is so afraid of it? Pm me and I can help walk you through it. Working on a "how to" and need to know what people are having trouble with.
I think ppl are worried about cutting on the shock. That they'll destroy the bushing or cut it crooked. I'm wondering about this height difference I keep hearing about and which spring to use.

· Registered
2,296 Posts
people why dont you just save some money and buy the right shocks, the hell with all that hastle of having to cut and grind,and change springs ect.. ect.. ect......

· Registered
1,400 Posts
people why dont you just save some money and buy the right shocks, the hell with all that hastle of having to cut and grind,and change springs ect.. ect.. ect......
couldn't have said it better myself! I mean, I'm all for trying new things and looking for an economical way of doing things... BUT.... if it involves any cutting of modifying of this way, that's a big NO for me, no matter how big or small of a cut it is...

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Im worried about how high it will sit. without taking off the stock shocks the ds shocks look to be about an inch to an inch and a half longer. Is it possible to have them shortened? I was going to pm josh @ wiigstyle but I see he has left the site. Anyone know the story there? I thought he was a great addition to the site
You can still PM him, he is still a member. Just not a sponsor. He has been answering my PMs over the past couple weeks.

· Registered
14 Posts
Clearly you have not priced replacement shocks. 2 hours of grinding +$100 gets you shocks with adjustable rebound AND compression damping. CHEAPEST elkas are $500 for the pair and have no adjustment. So far, everyone that has done the conversion seems SUPER happy with it. So, why WOULDN'T you do it? :D

101 - 120 of 244 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.