Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
121 - 140 of 244 Posts

· Premium Member
4,835 Posts
people why dont you just save some money and buy the right shocks, the hell with all that hastle of having to cut and grind,and change springs ect.. ect.. ect......
Clearly you have not priced replacement shocks. 2 hours of grinding +$100 gets you shocks with adjustable rebound AND compression damping. CHEAPEST elkas are $500 for the pair and have no adjustment. So far, everyone that has done the conversion seems SUPER happy with it. So, why WOULDN'T you do it? :D
How much did you pay for the DS shocks ?

· Premium Member
4,835 Posts

· Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Baxter, it is 120 total. I think I got mine for 100 including shipping.

· Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Yeah , youre right. I misread his post.
Like the job done with the mounts also if you take the front plastics off at some stage, can you post a pic of what he did to the mounts.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Clearly you have not priced replacement shocks. 2 hours of grinding +$100 gets you shocks with adjustable rebound AND compression damping. CHEAPEST elkas are $500 for the pair and have no adjustment. So far, everyone that has done the conversion seems SUPER happy with it. So, why WOULDN'T you do it? :D
For me it was just having them sprung right for my weight and set up for me. It is all personal preference and budget related though. Looks like you did a good job installing them.

· Registered
14 Posts
For me it was just having them sprung right for my weight and set up for me. It is all personal preference and budget related though. Looks like you did a good job installing them.
Not a bad point at all, however in this case, the stockers are so bad just about anything is a major improvement. :lol:

BTW for those that have done changes to shocks that allow you to adjust compresson/rebounding, dont' forget to take a day to adjust them. Seems obvious, but my experince has been that 90% of riders with adjustable suspensions never take the time to do it. You can take a medicore bike and make it great if you take your time. :xx:

· Registered
132 Posts
I think im going to find a place to rebuild the upper mounts. Seems like the way to go.

· Registered
12 Posts
I have buy a pair for 100€ (140$) shipped..
now I waiting for them arrive..

but the question is, how can adjust the shocks to my weight? ao much stiff ou hardnest ai have to put??

my weight is 70kg (+-154lbs).

thanks..

· Registered
14 Posts
I have buy a pair for 100€ (140$) shipped..
now I waiting for them arrive..

but the question is, how can adjust the shocks to my weight? ao much stiff ou hardnest ai have to put??

my weight is 70kg (+-154lbs).

thanks..
Read up on it, there are tons of articles, any google search should do. There is not a "correct answer" it depends on weight, ability, where you are riding etc. etc.

Im a desert trail rider. For me, I take the bike out into the area I ride the most. Tons of whoops. I adjust the rebound all the way out and then adjust the compression untill it just barely bottoms out on the worst of the worst whoops. Then I adjust the rebound to the point where it is at its maximum without slowly removing travel. ie the whoops are compressing the shocks so fast that they never have time to rebound all the way. Personally, I have played with the spring preload, but with the riding I do, it never really seems to do a whole heck of a lot. I am sure if I motocrossed it would be huge.

· Registered
12 Posts
It just arrives today.. :D

about the setup for them, I have search but nothing specific..

and I see now that the shocks have 2 things to adjust (in the top and in bottom) and I don't know were I start..

If someone help me, I will apreciate.. :)

the setup I want is for XC (hills, mud,..)

thanks..

121 - 140 of 244 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.