Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just got my ds450 shock swap done and wow what a difference it made. It turns now and before it wouldn't, and i am running stock tires. I didn't do any modification to the stock shock mounts. For those of you that don't have the money for fox or elka shocks then you need to look into these shocks.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
So i just got my ds450 shock swap done and wow what a difference it made. It turns now and before it wouldn't, and i am running stock tires. I didn't do any modification to the stock shock mounts. For those of you that don't have the money for fox or elka shocks then you need to look into these shocks.
I'd like to know how you fit them w/o touching the stock frame mounts? Do you have any pictures, of how much you ground the shocks, or did you have to do that?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i am going to be out of town baleing wheat straw for a week so when i get back i will get pictures of it. There is really not much grinding to shocks but i did grind a little bit on them but nothing to hurt the performance of the shocks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
here are the pics.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Nice, that little bit you took off down low is where the rear frame mount was hitting on mine. Good idea I think it's better than grinding on trx.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea it is. i didn't want to take any metal off the frame mount.

·
Registered
64 Posts
shocks

I ground a little bit off the frame mounts to fit the ltr450 shocks and i have beaten the hell out off my bike and not had a problem,its no big deal.
If you take off the minimum,you should be fine.
If you think your bike is great still with the stock tyres,you are in for a treat whan you fit real ones!!
mervex

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea i know. i want new tires so bad but they are a little to expensive for me to buy right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.