Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a pair of DS450's. Previous owner said they were setup for around 200lbs. I am 225 in full riding gear. Hopped on the machine and had about 15% race sag. Took 5.5 turns to get it to closer to 30%. The rears are at about 25% with only a turn or so it could even go so I left them.

Made me realize since I have never ridden an atv that maybe they have different baselines than I would have expected. I figured I'd start around 30% and adjust from there. Am I off? Searching led me to nothing.

Also curious on the baseline for the compression/rebound. Classically with new shocks I would just set them in the middle and then adjust from there. That being said, if there is a better baseline or someone has recommendations I'd love to hear them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I am going with my baseline, would love to hear from others.

Quick teaser pic of the shocks mounted. Used a drill mounted grinding wheel and think it turned out pretty nice.

Ignore the wiring, green wire is part of my handwarmer/gps install that was only part way done in the pic.

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts
Looks good, not sure what you mean by % of sag. Usually just adjust rear sag around 3/4".

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts