Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was thinking about removing the front fender on the 700xx and modding up some wheel covers like the ds650.

Pretty cheap to get some fenders and the bracket, but the question is.. where does the bracket on the ds650 connect? I would think the a-arms...

I have a welder so I could easily connect something to bolt to...

Thoughts?

·
Registered
984 Posts
The fender bolts to the knuckle/spindle. You might be able to fab something off the caliper mount.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that...but ugh...those wheel mounted fenders are the ugliest thing I have ever seen.
yup

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Who knows what it will look like.. The ultimate goal is to have good water coverage.

Any other suggestions? Mud flaps somehow? I figured closest to the wheel is best..

Also, this is a nice quad and all.. but it is still a quad that gets dirty as he!! anyway.. I am not looking to win any shows. My intention is to make this the ultimate trail quad.. Snorkel (stealth) and yes mud flaps.

I think it is a correct step in the hybrid quad market, but I think they should offer more capabilities... Heck they have a mud scraper on the back. Keep it going! Move the airbox under the tank higher up somehow.. maybe even introduce 4x4 capabilities... now that would be awesome, sport atv with 4x4 but not a 4x4

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Even if you remove the stock front fenders, you wont notice a change in protection. Ive aways removed (cut) the front fenders on all my quads and never noticed a difference in protection. I doubt the ds650 style fenders would make a difference either.

But if youre really set on it, id like to see pics when it's done. :)

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I don't think that they would hold up very well, I know with the brush and hard trails I ride they wouldn't last long

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any alternatives? Mud flaps? Any universal flaps that would work? Not being a pus believe me.. I always come home covered head to toe.. Just thought it may help a bit.

Most of the used fenders on ebay are busted and mended.. good sign of breakage.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts