Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if you're paying attention, I have my quad apart right now... Entire exhaust is off as well. I'm looking around and i'm PRETTY SURE I could put duals on it, with a little bit of custom pipe. It would have to come from a single pipe, then "Y" off to duals but...

My original unorthodox way was with a single 07 GSXR pipe as seen below.

Now i'm thinking I can come up under the airbox, through the chain and up over the frame rail to the other side. I think my questions are... what do you think of 2 mufflers this same size will do for performance? Sound? Efficiency? I know one thing... that single short muffler was pretty freaking loud. You could hear me from a LONG way off, i'm not opposed to using longer mufflers, other manufacturers, even stock mufflers off a sport bike, but i'm pretty sure this could be done fairly easy. What do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am trying to do something similar. If you know someone with a Twin pipe CRF250r, that's what I basing the idea on. 2-1-2 , my way of having a full power and 94dbs. That's the plan.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would it be 2-1-2 when it starts off with a single exit exhaust? Wouldn't it just be 1-2?

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
I am trying to do something similar. If you know someone with a Twin pipe CRF250r, that's what I basing the idea on. 2-1-2 , my way of having a full power and 94dbs. That's the plan.
I bet you noticed the crf have a smaller exit on one silencer: the left side is longer than the right side so this is for balancing flow.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
He use a dual port xr head ;)
Correct !

I bet you noticed the crf have a smaller exit on one silencer: the left side is longer than the right side so this is for balancing flow.
I did notice this but if I can make it work with the "RR"( XR head) then I'll make it fit the "XX"
It involves a new airbox and some stuff.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Correct !

I did notice this but if I can make it work with the "RR"( XR head) then I'll make it fit the "XX"
It involves a new airbox and some stuff.
I don't believe you. Pics or it doesn't exist.

edit: since this is my thread, i'll allow a LITTLE off topic.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1 - 10 of 10 Posts