Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.mooseracing.com/catalog....level3=1816&level4=1834&product_group_id=7399

I installed this dual gasser about a month ago. Did some trail riding with it, and raced one hare scramble so far. I love it (always rode dirtbikes so I enjoy the twist) however for anyone looking to do this I would suggest heating up the thumb part and bending it in towards the handle bars a little bit. They have it set out to far, for obvious reasons (so you don't nail it when twisting around the grip part). It was easy to install, came with some simple instructions which for the most part were right on par. You can either use thumb, or thumb and twist. There is no option to lock out the thumb part at all, but you can the twist. I believe I have got some dirt in the slot for where the locking screw is, so I can't put it in now, but I have no need anyway. For people that want a twist, but perhaps will have others ride it here or there, this is a wonderful option. I find it a lot hard to wheelie with the twist though, but that is okay. I would also recommend for anyone doing this, to make sure you keep the original thumb throttle to be on the safe side, if not atleast the spring out of it. I will try to post some pictures with it, if I can't I have a wonderful friend that post on here all the time (I think she is everyone's friend) haha.

Also, I got it for 120 I think, plus tax thru my local shop. So if anyone is interested in that, I could probably hook them up. I know there are a few others out there, but this is the only one they could actually find in one of their ordering catalogs. The only problem I really had with it was trying to put new grips on it, as it is ribbed (for my pleasure maybe) and it has to slide over the bars to obviously it is a tad bigger.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Did you get dirt bike grips??? One side is always bigger for that reason... the twist throttle side is bigger... you can't use atv grips with it

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
however for anyone looking to do this I would suggest heating up the thumb part and bending it in towards the handle bars a little bit. They have it set out to far, for obvious reasons (so you don't nail it when twisting around the grip part).
Chuck was nice enough to let me ride his quad to see how I liked the new shocks....I couldn't even gas the dam throttle not if I wanted to hold the grip at the same time...lol! You men and your bear paws!! I found the dual throttles interseting but far to confusing for me! This to me is a guy thing like the air conditioned seats in the Lincolns :) Unless its a bike thing...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
70 Posts
dagirl, so you had trouble reaching the thumb throttle with this mod? I was seriously thinking about this since I am a 2-wheel junkie myself, but this might ruin it for my gf then. Damn...:disgust:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
great review! ive been thinking about getting one too but it just hasnt made it to the top of my $100-200 mod list.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
yep ive had mine on and off now its back on

it works great but im not used to it and I about killed myself on the mx track lol
I should have known the outcome of that I just about killed myself on the only dirtbike I ever got on

is there any way to make it a half turn

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
I love it, the twist lock out does bind up with dirt, need to keep it clean with a non oil cleaner. I use brake clean. WD40 collects dust. I agree with re positioning the thumb part. All in all a great product

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I didn't think about getting dirtbike grips...I bought a set of ATV grips from rockymountain, but I just milked it on till it got there...Sad considering I have couple sets of brand new bike grips at home.
All it would take is to take the thumb part and bend it in maybe 1/2 an inch or so that way it would be a closer reach.

·
Registered
296 Posts
chuck let me try his hotrod on sunday when we wrer riding, 1st. i have to say WOW to the big 3. great job on the shocks. as far as the trottle, i like it. there times when my thumb gets sore. the twist would come in handy. looking into these in the future. and thanks for the demo ride mr chuck.........

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you are welcome MR CHUCK, lol....wylee and I have the same first name....Shelly thought you were like a little kid when you were buzzing mine around....and I have to say mine sounds bad ass going thru the woods as well when I am not on it LOL.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts