Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wish they would have a forum as good as this one for dual sport riders.
i have a 08 XR650L and love to ride in the summer most of the Harley riders give you the stink eye when you wave at them or when they pass you

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Seriously, they do? What, are they pissed at you because your bike doesn't leak oil or rely on nostalgia from the 40s to sell the bikes?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Oh this is my favorite subject. Waving! I do not wave at anyone. I think that is stupid. Just my opionion. I go out to ride, not to wave at people. Who started that?
My buddy waves at everyone he see's. If they own the same thing as him, he is waving. I like to focus on my ride. Trying to wave at people distracts me. I guess I am old fashion. Us riders never waved at anyone in the old days. Plus I don't ride Harley's.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not sure why i wave i think my arm has a mind of its own lol

·
Registered
455 Posts
Heck I wave at everyone. I ride a sport bike and it doesn't matter to me if you are on a Harley, dirt bike, moped or trike. You are out on another open motorized vehicle enjoying life.

But then again, I wave at people that look at me as they drive by the house, I wave at people around my community when I pass them on the road etc...

We are just friendly people around here.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I wave at people in my neighorhood. In the Metro area too many bikers out to wave at. I consentrate on riding while others consentrate on waving. LOL Sometimes they wave back. I prefer to be the one that does not wave back or even look at the other bikers going by. Never recked on the street and not about to because I waved at some GUY ON A BIKE. If it was a chick riding then I might go out of my way to wave at her. LMAO

·
Registered
455 Posts
I always get annoyed when people don't wave back and I can clearly tell they saw me wave. Might as well flip me off as you ride by.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Well you don't ride a Harley so there would be no need to. I ride with dark tinted sheild. Are you sure I saw you. My head did not even turn in your direction. I try not to wave and pick up guys. My wife does not like it. LOL I sort of think its a little gay waving at guys and I am not calling you gay to don't go there. Its just the way I see it. If I knew you and you are my friend then I would wave. Strange men....NO!

·
Registered
455 Posts
lol It's just being friendly.

But I can see your point with the way the world is going. Everyone wants to make themselves strangers from everyone else. Do you ever give a head nod or some other form of recognition to other ATV riders on the trails? It's just being friendly to others enjoying the same activity as you.

And BTW I'm only 20 years old, so that may be why. I grew up in an old fashioned home and I still think like it is the 50's where you can leave your doors unlocked and nobody will touch your stuff and everybody knows everybody.

·
Registered
377 Posts
LOL If I am out in the woods I will wave at someone if they wave first. This does not happen too much. Most if the time when someone waves in the woods its to ask for directions. Most of the time I am driving to fast to wave in the trails. I am 50+ and I ride sport touring. Alot of harleys around here. Alot of dorks with money buying the harleys. If I wave at one, they might follow me home and try and be my friend. I just don't relate with harley riders too well. IF you know what I mean. LOL

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dude if you don't wave back you might as well say F*** You. Haha and if you aren't a good enough of a rider to pull one hand off for maybe 2 seconds at the risk of losing focus on the ride you probably shouldn't be riding. No offense thats just a lame excuse not to. I woulda been more impressed if you just said I'm not waving because I'm a dick. It's far from gay, it's just a mutual respect motorcyclist show for on another.

·
Registered
377 Posts
:birds: Fuck you! I am not waving at guys. I don't care what you drive or what you look like. If you wave at guys then your a fuckin fagget. Now do you understand what kind of a dick I am.

I don't need to wave at another guy to show mutual respect.

As far as my driving skills go when I drive my car everday, I guess I am saying FUCK YOU to all the other car drivers too because I am not waving at them either. Is that the way you think?

So the rule is if you drive, ride, float, fly something you are suppose to wave and say HEY! LOOK AT ME! I HAVE ONE TOO! :lmao: SO I AM COOL.

So sorry if am a dick to you but you can think what you want when you drive by me jake99 becuase I don't fuckin care. :lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I've had a few bikes since i was 16, some rockets, a cruiser or two, a few older bikes like my old Trumph 500mx....anyway I wave at everyone, unless I am stopped w/ the clutch pulled in, then in that case I nod. Sometimes I miss people. I do it not to pick up guys, or girls, but out of a friendly image to people that do something in common with me. Sure, depending on where you guy, you have more riders that are dicks and whatnot, but when you take your bike to a Biker Day, such as Daytona or Laconia, everyone pretty much has respect for everyone.....not based on the bike you have, but based on your love for the breeze in your hair and stuff. If someone doesn't wave back, I consider the ass and let it pass. It doesn't really bother me at all, I just make a mental note that some people either don't like to wave, or are too good to wave. Everyone does it differently too, Touring people usually put their whole hand/arm in the air, cruisers/harleys either a fist or peace sign, and sport bike riders a peace sign down low. I, don't like to do any of these, so I just bring my hand off and do a regular wave....if it is someone I know, like a buddy, then I will flip them off more than likely just to see the reaction haha. But I even wave to the dualsporters as well, as I have a dual sport bike. When a girl is with me, I tell her she can either wave or not, it's up to her, but if she doesn't then people may think she is stuck up haha.

·
Registered
148 Posts
:birds: Fuck you! I am not waving at guys. I don't care what you drive or what you look like. If you wave at guys then your a fuckin fagget. Now do you understand what kind of a dick I am.

I don't need to wave at another guy to show mutual respect.

As far as my driving skills go when I drive my car everday, I guess I am saying FUCK YOU to all the other car drivers too because I am not waving at them either. Is that the way you think?

So the rule is if you drive, ride, float, fly something you are suppose to wave and say HEY! LOOK AT ME! I HAVE ONE TOO! :lmao: SO I AM COOL.

So sorry if am a dick to you but you can think what you want when you drive by me jake99 becuase I don't fuckin care. :lmao:
Whatever **** sounds like we are repressing some serious sexually tension buddy. You need to come out of the closet and wave your rainbow flag behind your duelsport so when you don't wave we will all notice the gay asshole riding by. Since when is waving at another dude for ****? Trust me you are the only thinking that. When someone waves at you do you go "Fucking ***!" in your helmet? You are one of those dumb ass homos who hate everyone gay and anything that could possibly be thought of as gay. Have fun being a jackass riding around trying to avoid eye contact. Bye-bye gay boy!

·
Registered
455 Posts
BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAH OMG that is hilarious. I'm sorry but I can't help myself.

·
Registered
377 Posts
:steamed: I wish you would make up your mind. Am I a dick, an asshole or a gay boy. :lmao:

Hi! will you be my friend?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
im sorry i brought it up didn't expect it to be such a touchy subject. i will just keep it to my self next time lol. i dont judge people whether they wave or not i just wave to show my respect. i dont let one person not waving back or some one telling me im number 1 bother me

1 - 20 of 44 Posts