Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Here's a few pics from riding sunday if I can get this to work, The 300 ex is my 11 year old daughter she is already quite an accomplished rider I included a pic of my girls they soooooo love the dunes.
NICE!! my daughter rides too, she is way too big for her ds70 and I have been toying with the idea of a 250. Your daughter like the 300? How old when she started fiding it?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She started out on a 50 at 7 years old she out grew that really quick so I found a yamaha badger 90 she rode that a couple of years and played on the 250ex for a couple of months then decided it was not to big for her its a great starter machine, My wife had never rode until last year she started on the 250 then went to the 300 and now is riding the 700xx, Kaitlynn loves the 300 she can get up all the hills we have out here now when she couldn't make it with the 250 because the sand is to softwhen it get dry as it is now, she was a little scared of the 300 because it has a lot more power but she loves it, as far as the 250 for your daughter its a great starter machine just make sure of the size and fit for her body. Here the law says Kaitlynn can ride the 250 because she can fit the machine at 5 ft and 100lbs the little 90's are great machines that can be hopped up pretty easily and can be bought really cheaply.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I was at my parents house on easter, and my 2.5 yr old nephew showed up w/ my brother, and comes right over to my RINCON, and says fuuurrrwheel, LMAO. He climbed up it, and wanted to ride, haha. But then he saw the 450X, so I gave him a ride on both the wheeler and the dirtbike. He wants to go on the motorcycle really bad, but unfortunately he can't hold onto me and I wont put him on the gas tank. I was thinking about buying him a mini dirtbike w/ training wheels, one of the little automatic ones.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For those of you like me with small children there is a strap called hold that child you can type it into google search and find it, it is a strap that goes around you and then around your child so that they are basically attached to you and can;t fall off, i have used one on the baby since she was 6 months old and she loves to ride I can steer and not worry about her falling off they work really well, Ride safe and ride long,

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
A friend of mine uses that strap and works great, we were on a long distance ride one day in Utah and he had his 6 year old daughter behind him and we could tell that she was sleeping but the belt kept her behind her daddy all the time, was funny seeing her sleeping while riding thru some rough stuff.

I miss riding the dunes, it's so different than riding in the east coast where it's all rocks/boulders and fallen trees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.