Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,864 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
I am running the rear durablue sway bar with a few modifications. I love it. If you follow M Quicks link you will find where I posted about install and modifications.
BTW I left original sway bar on there also, so I'm running two rear bars. And have been considering adding the heavier Leighton bar in place of the factory bar to make it stiffer when running flat track.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
When I was looking for a better sway bar, the Durablue was one I had considered. But, there were some things I didn't like about it.
1. It's exposed mounting position.
2. Their "one size fits all" design. Not specific to our quad.
3. Price.

With this said, I submit that the L8ton sway bar is a direct replacement for our stock sway bar and only takes a few minutes to make the switch. Also, for less money than the Durablue, you could get both the L8ton 9/16 AND the 11/16 sway bar and still have 3 stiffness options... stock, 9/16 and 11/16. You also need to remember that the 700xx is an IRS quad. Our quad was designed for trails and full independent articulation of the IRS is important.

roadkill

·
Registered
316 Posts
Roadkill Your not "Exactly" right as the mounting hardware is bike specific, the bar is basically if not completely the same for all quads tho. for some of us tho the Leightons just arent strong enough for what we do with our bikes. That being said If I only trailrode my quad I would have probably bought the 11/16 Leighton I have rode bikes with them and I do like them for a trail bike. But I sometimes race flattrack with mine and It still aint stiff enough with the durablue and original together.. Oh and no our bike was designed for desert racing not trail riding and a decent SA bike will smoke the XX in the woods.

·
Registered
821 Posts
In the woods I ride, a sra will not smoke the xx. It's rutted up, rocky, downed trees, just a lot of stuff the sra bikes get hung up on. But a lot of it is rider.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ok I rode this weekend with a new set of Razors on the rear for the first time. Man did that make a difference. I almost think I could keep up with my 250r now..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts