Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the XX back from the tuner after having the big 3 installed. I went with the full barker exhaust system including the "custom" lid, K&N Air Filter and the Power Commander. The best dyno run had her @ 42.66 HP and 39.82 Max Torque. I thought the numbers would be a little better but am guessing that being at 4400 feet above sea level isn't helping. That being said what a huge difference!!!:hey: Won't repeat everything everyone has stated about the big 3...all I can say is it is true....go buy it!! Just thought you guys and gals may be interested in the numbers I got off the dyno.

·
Registered
984 Posts
What did you have for baseline numbers?

·
Registered
574 Posts
13 or 14T front sprocket? Most of the Dyno sheets I have seen had the 13T

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
do you have the charts with your afr? 42 is low for anybodys dyno im gonna guess you used your stock tire as well? i will loan you one of my controllers you can put it on and tell me which is better a tuned pc3 or my controller straight out the box

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
What type of dyno was used? Can you post the dyno sheet for us to see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
do you have the charts with your afr? 42 is low for anybodys dyno im gonna guess you used your stock tire as well? i will loan you one of my controllers you can put it on and tell me which is better a tuned pc3 or my controller straight out the box

I am guessing he DID use my stock tires and when I asked him about the baseline numbers he told me that he didn't have them as he simply put the mods on and then did the tune. Sounds strange to me that he didn't do a baseline run???? I appreciate you wanting to lend me a controller and in no way was bashing the pipe. I am very happy with my purchase and the performance of the pipe. I'm just a 43 year old dude riding around in the desert and I don't want to drop more money on another dyno run. The bike really runs fantastic and has more power from 1st all the way through the top of 5th. I do have the charts but don't have a scanner at home. I will post them next week from work.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I am guessing he DID use my stock tires and when I asked him about the baseline numbers he told me that he didn't have them as he simply put the mods on and then did the tune. Sounds strange to me that he didn't do a baseline run???? I appreciate you wanting to lend me a controller and in no way was bashing the pipe. I am very happy with my purchase and the performance of the pipe. I'm just a 43 year old dude riding around in the desert and I don't want to drop more money on another dyno run. The bike really runs fantastic and has more power from 1st all the way through the top of 5th. I do have the charts but don't have a scanner at home. I will post them next week from work.
i know you werent bashing the offer actually was for my own selfish gains lol. Its kind of just me trying to prove my point the pc3 is a great piece of equimpent if its in the hands of a capable person. Before i put my foot in my mouth im not saying your tuner wasnt capable i am definetly one to preach that dyno numbers are different between dynos and its hard to compare one to the other. But i think this package should really make more than 42 ponies on anybodys dyno in my opinion unless for some reason this one didnt have a correction factor for the 4400ft then i would say maybe its about right on. Or maybe it was a possible loaded run (brakes on the dyno to simulate load for tuning purposes)

If your interested i will send you one to try for free as long as you put results up here and make them honest good or bad. I just really feel for guys that have a very similar if not same build i can save them money and meet or exceed the performance of putting a pc3 on a 3 mod bike. Figuring maybe $275 for a pc3 100-150 for dyno time and the time it takes to get a tune maybe $500 in a pc3 not including auto tune.

Also i am in no way trying to knock your build and im exteremly happy you choose us for a pipe/lid and chances are if its running great like you say your tune is probably actually pretty close and your dyno numbers are just lower than normal.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Eric, The only reason i was thinking about the PCIII is i plan on doing some engine work. Now if i go with your programmer and later on i decide to do the cam and what ever else i want will i need another programmer???? I definately love the Big 3 you have just worried about the programmer.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Eric, I found my answer on another thread. I believe im going to go with the Big 3 option now comes the time to tell the wife im going to drop 1,000$ more dollars on the bike. Wish me luck guys.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Eric, I found my answer on another thread. I believe im going to go with the Big 3 option now comes the time to tell the wife im going to drop 1,000$ more dollars on the bike. Wish me luck guys.
good luck! :lmao: i just dropped 2500 more in mine and yes im a little sick about it.lol

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Remington, I see you have port/polish and Stage3 hotcam. Have you purchased a cam from them yet and who ported the head?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts