Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this bike is really startimg to irritate me.

I must have called 20 shops in ohio and western pa trying to find a dyno that had slicks that fit our bike. As you can tell I am failing miserably.

What are my options?

Are there any type of hubs or adapters?

Anyone got a set of slicks they want to mail me temporarily lol or sell to me?

Its almost to the point where i want to get this done out of sheer spite of the difficulty it has been...

Thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
Where are you located? Have you tried Horsepower Inc. in Erie, Pa? My cousin works there and I thought he told me they did a lot of ATVs, so they should have slicks. I have wheel hub adapters for 144 to 110 bolt patterns, but I doubt that most shops will.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Why are you dynoing your quad? If is just to tune it, no need for slicks, juts run knobbies, shouldn't effect the ability to tune it. If you are going for the highest HP number you can get, then you will want to find some slicks, knobbies may loose about 4 hp or so.

Doug

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am down around wheeling wv. Erie is only about a 3 hour drive which i would do if i knew they had slicks.

Where did u get the hubs and would something like that effect the dyno?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just want a real hp number berg :(

This is first quad ive dumped money into and i just want a real reading

·
Registered
44 Posts
Did you try Honda Direct Shadyside, Ohio? I live near Wheeling also.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I am down around wheeling wv. Erie is only about a 3 hour drive which i would do if i knew they had slicks.

Where did u get the hubs and would something like that effect the dyno?
Here is their website, http://www.horsepowerinc.net/Index.html . I bought my adapters online somewhere, I can't remember where, but here is another site that has them cheaper than what I got mine. http://www.mudthrowers.com/inc/sdetail/647/12185 , but still, 100 bucks isn't much of a bargain.

·
Registered
192 Posts
AS far as I know, and noticed myself, they didn't hinder any performance themselves. I bought mine so I could run my Rincons extra tire sin the winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.