Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some advice.

I need to find a good place to take a week vacation riding with my wife and daughter from Nov 21-27. We were supposed to go to Disney World but some how I was able to talk my wife and daughter into a riding/camping trip. Now I just need some ideas and places to go.

I'm looking for something where if my wife and daughter want to take a day off from riding, we would be able to go into a town and do some shopping or sight seeing. Any input would be greatly appreciated since this would be my first time going out on a riding trip besides quadfest.

John

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
i went here this summer http://www.northernoutdoors.com/site/adventures/atvs_-_motorcycles.html
it is in the forks maine and i had a blast there is a swiming pool and hot tub there also a pond with kyaks(spelling). And of couse miles of atv trails to ride right there. u can go all the way into canada form there. also there is these cool water falls u can ride to.
i highly recomend it. i have all ready booked my cabin for next year.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
no you dont have to be reg or insured just buy your permit. Going up north might be too cold in Nov though and the wife and kids might not be happy about that unless they love riding too! you could do busco beach in NC and the CAW in SC...or split the trip if you go to busco beach then head some where else like myrtle beach if it isnt to cold and you have the best of both worlds.

We were suppose to ride in Busco in oct then head over to asheville to the biltmore estate..beautiful btw...then I changed my mind cause I knew my hubby was going in nov to tenn with me...so I didnt want to push my luck lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Well...if your daughter is anything like mine, they'll often tell me what I want to hear just to please Dad! Have fun.
:funny:

Nine, I used to live in NH and riding up there and Maine was gorgeous. The problem will be you will probably have snow or it will be very cold. Either way, not that much fun when it is icy on some of the powerline trails that are full of rocks and water holes. You have the places that Nikki mentioned in NC and SC, in SC you also have Francis Marion State Forest which has a hundred or two miles of trails that is sand and whatnot w/ a few mud pits, plus it is right near Charleston SC which is an amazing town. If you go that route, let me know and I will let you know of some fantastic places to eat. Other than that, all I can think of is tracks through out the east coast.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Strongly leaning towards Busco Beach. Looks and sounds like a good time. I checked out youtube and looks like it offers a little bit of everything. The weather last year in November was in the 60's so weather will be perfect.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Nine

For a week trip; I would suggest what CRWH45 stated, more trails/beach to ride and at least you will be near a big city where you can do some shopping. Busco is nice but you would get bore after a couple days of riding since it's not really that big and there is not a big town around to do some shopping/sightseeing or you could do both. Maine is beautiful but I wouldn't do it in November....too cold and you might snowmobiles instead of atv.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm going to do 2 days at Busco than we are heading to Virginia to go check out the caves near Roanoke that we wanted to check out when I bought my trailer but we didn't have time.

·
Registered
199 Posts
it just an idea. we took our kids to disney back in may and we had a blast. theres so much to do down there its crazy. my son met mickey mouse on his b day

1 - 20 of 23 Posts