Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you run an exhaust without a programer? I've seen this on a couple of 700XX builds. Like ATV magazine online, for example. I know they would benifit from a programer but is it a need to buy item? :confused:

"the 700XX EFI system will automatically compensate for any change in exhaust flow. " -ATV magazine online-

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
if you get a full exhaust, you definitely need it.... if you just get a slip on, you can kind of get away with it, but it is still recommended

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So the stock ECU won't handle it?

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
The engine will run Super Lean

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Can you run an exhaust without a programer? I've seen this on a couple of 700XX builds. Like ATV magazine online, for example. I know they would benifit from a programer but is it a need to buy item? :confused:

"the 700XX EFI system will automatically compensate for any change in exhaust flow. " -ATV magazine online-
A programmer WILL be needed. Our quad is a bit lean from the factory and adding an exhaust without the programmer makes this worse. Besides loosing power due the too lean condition, you'll also run hotter and that's not good.

If the "ATV magazine online" is the same as I just looked at... I wouldn't trust anything they say. The site I was just at identifies an all black 700xx as a 2010... There is no 2010 700xx model. The 700xx they picture is a 2009 all black with the black rims.

IMO - I'm in this forum and not at other ATV sites because the ONLY people who I'd listen to about the 700xx is other 700xx owners. They are the ones who know THIS quad best... bar none!

roadkill

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
roadkill - Thats why I asked. I've been riding quads and modding them a long time, but this is my 1st go round on an EFI Quad, so I thought I'd get it clarified. Thanks guys, to all that posted replys.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
if you get a full exhaust, you definitely need it.... if you just get a slip on, you can kind of get away with it, but it is still recommended
+1...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts