Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to understand all this and basically :

Dobeck programmers , you can tune in your garage.

PCIII or PCV ,must be put on a dyno for best results.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::stupid:

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Basically yes although there are maps available for both the PCV & PCIII and wouldn't require you to dyno unless going beyond the big3.

·
Registered
223 Posts
2nd that! although Bo's map feels spot on. Anybody dynoed to see how close his map is to a dyno tuned one? When the warranty is out I'll be sending my business his way.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I am trying to understand all this and basically :

Dobeck programmers , you can tune in your garage.

PCIII or PCV ,must be put on a dyno for best results.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::stupid:
Yes and no.......

They both do the same thing and do it in the same way, the only real difference is the interface in between you and the programmer.

One (the dobek) is adjusted by turning some screws which tell the box what settings you want. The PowerCommander you plug in to a laptop to tell the the programmer what settings you want.

With the dobek they just tell you what to set the screw settings at for your mods and with the PowerCommander you download the settings from the PowerCommander site.

Both can be adjusted without the aid of a dyno. As I said the difference is how you adjust the settings but the result is the same. BUT both will be tuned better if you do put it on a dyno.

Why do people say the PowerCommander is better?........because with a laptop you have more control over what settings the programmer runs. Typing a value in a little box on the screen of the PowerCommander software is more accurate than turning a screw. Also with the dobek the screw adjusts a range of revs eg: 5000 ~ 7000 rpm but with the PowerCommander you can give a value for every 50 rpm. Its just more accurate.

Because you adjust the PC for every 50rpm you can't really just guess the settings you should put it on a dyno and get it perfect.

.......confused?

·
Registered
734 Posts
Also the dobeck can only add fuel and the PComm can add and remove fuel.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
u still need to take the dobeck programmers in to get dyno tuned to get the right air/fule mixture and then they can maximize hp as well

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
u still need to take the dobeck programmers in to get dyno tuned to get the right air/fule mixture and then they can maximize hp as well
If you purchase a dobeck and spend money to have it dyno'd someone would deserve to kick themselves in the arse lol.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
well i didnt have an o2 sensor layin around and i wanted hp noumbers and they fix all the cutting out proablems it was haveing dont have to but would recomend it.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This is wot I am thinking of doing in 2010.
Replacement exhaust , something lighter but similiar to stock power.
Outerwears diy airbox lid.
Done the 13t sprocket , But may go back to 14t sprocket. Running 20" rears.
A Dobeck programmer. I don't want a rocket and don't want to put the T-Rexx on the dyno every time , I change something.
The local DynoJet dealer only sells Can-Ams.
Anybody have ideas on a exhaust and I do not want a FMF.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I love the sound of the HMF (and it feels like it pulls better too, although that could just be me dreaming big) My neighbors, hate it. on idle it sounds like someone hitting a drum, and revving... just wow.

I havent really dug into it yet, because I have the same issue you do, no EFI controller yet.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Exhaust

This is wot I am thinking of doing in 2010.
Replacement exhaust , something lighter but similiar to stock power.
Outerwears diy airbox lid.
Done the 13t sprocket , But may go back to 14t sprocket. Running 20" rears.
A Dobeck programmer. I don't want a rocket and don't want to put the T-Rexx on the dyno every time , I change something.
The local DynoJet dealer only sells Can-Ams.
Anybody have ideas on a exhaust and I do not want a FMF.
I have a full Big Gun Set up I will sell cheap, almost new

·
Registered
306 Posts
usually under the rubber covering to help protect. But I'm sure it is a preference. Be very careful that the leads stay away from anything that can rub them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hmmm my bike is at my farm i'll be goin there this weekend so i was just wondering. IT doesn't interfere with nothin under there?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Same here, I slipped mine in through the snorkel.

·
Registered
114 Posts
is it small enough where it doesn't affect airbox volume or flow? this is a really good idea lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts