Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been seeing a lot of pics lately of Eric's airbox lids with side vents ?? Mine did Not come with side vents?? Did you guys add the side vents to yours? or is this something new? I only had mine like 6 weeks..Do I need side vents?

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Having the side vents would be very favorable in my opinion. I sold mine before even installing it once I seen the limited room between the top of lid and seat.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
My opinion, you'll flow enough air with the top vent... plenty of opening for normal mods (Big 3). If you have other mods such as to your motor, you may want more air flow. When I ordered my kit from EHS a month ago, I could've gotten the lid with side vents, but decided I didn't need them with the basic big 3 mods.

roadkill

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK , I just wasnt sure if it was an option or if it should have had them ...I will run it like it is with big3 & if it needs more room to breath I can always add a few mini inserts to side of the box. I think I have a few here ..

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
It's not about the size of the opening, It's the location.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
It's not about the size of the opening, It's the location.
Yeah, but until EHS came out with the side vents, we were all fine with just the top vent with the big 3. Nothing has changed. JMO

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
No not all, I myself and a few others have mentioned this before. The side vents were added for a reason and it wasn't for looks.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I'm not trying to say the lid is a waste of money either. It works great as a prefilter option, However it is not a performance mod with or w/o side vents.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
No not all, I myself and a few others have mentioned this before. The side vents were added for a reason and it wasn't for looks.
OK, I'll accept that.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
....or just leave the front open and put another cover on it.
I wonder why they block the front as well and not cover it. I'd think that'd be easier than doing side vents.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I believe EHS posted it was due to support. Once the top was cut I assume it distorts.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts