Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have all of my parts, but I dont have time to put my cam in for the weekend, but I want to run my new exhaust and programmer. Eric @ EHS mapped programmer (not installed yet) for the big3 + Hot Cam 3. Can I change the settings from that to that of the BIG3 ONLY!? Or is he going to need to do the programming? It would be great if I could adjust it to be able to ride and then change the settings back once I get the cam in.

The settings he wrote in my box were:
G = 2.5, GB - 3.5
Y = 3, YB - 5
R = 5.5, RB - 6.5

Since this is not installed yet, i'm guessing those are lights and when its on that light or that light is on, you make the number say that. I just need to know if it's possible to change the settings to work without the cam for now.

·
Registered
446 Posts
you can just adjust it, I'm sure the settings are here on the site for just exhaust and programmer.

most settings are 3 and 3.5 for just a pipe and programmer but I don't remember the specifics.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Found them
Big 3 std EFI Settings
G-3.5
Y-3.5
R-3

GB-3.5
YB-3
RB-3

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i'm actually about to go out and install it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
doesn't take long, and it's pretty simple to modify the settings. took 30 seconds for me to change from Big 3 to my HC3 settings.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For sure!!! Unfortunately I'll be going from stock > big3 > big3+hc3 at a later date. Everything is on except the cam right now and I don't have time swap them before I ride this weekend. The barkers sound freaking awesome though. Glad I got the quiet core!

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have the cam in yet, but let me tell you - this thing is already a completely different quad. MUCH more low end and mid range. I think the top end picked up but it still doesn't pull like I want it to on the big end so i'm hoping the HC3 when I get it in fixes that. The front end was coming up as I was going through mud this past weekend. I have awesome throttle response. The only one thing is it would die randomly - only happened about 3-4 times through out the entire weekend and was so random i'm not sure what it was doing when it did it. I won't worry about that tune till i retune it with the cam. Then test it.

Two thumbs up to Eric @ EHS (and everyone else) for giving me more power in a reliable system! Thanks man for all your advice.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Im ready to get the HC3
I have the big 3

I am waiting to hear back from shop find out how much to have it installed. I dont want to do it and dont have a place anymore where I could do it.
Looking at about ?? how much more HP?
Then im just needing new sand tires.
and going to do the layton 9/16" sway bar trying to get it all done before go to sand fest in september.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am trying my HC3 on Saturday with the Big 3 not the Barkers exhaust though. I think mine just did the Baja 500 though. I'll check .

Competition on this mission :
couple of Banshee's
some 250r's
and a chunk of 450's in every way shape and form!
I'm praying for mud and rain, It evens everything up. :D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Let me know what you think Jeff, I liked this set up a lot.
I finally got to ride it with everything done to it. THIS is how it should've been from the factory! NO loss of torque at all... in fact, it probably gained torque on the low end. I popped the clutch and snapped a CV shaft in the grass parking area. :( But before that - while I actually got to ride... It was awesome, kept an ear to ear grin on my face. I wondered if it was going to be too much for the trails we ride, but it was pretty awesome. Front tires definitely spent a little more time in the air! The mid-range comes on very strong, it does seem to get a little softer on the top end, but it still has more top end than it did stock and you can still tell. This thing screams now. VERY HAPPY.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I finally got to ride it with everything done to it. THIS is how it should've been from the factory! NO loss of torque at all... in fact, it probably gained torque on the low end. I popped the clutch and snapped a CV shaft in the grass parking area. :( But before that - while I actually got to ride... It was awesome, kept an ear to ear grin on my face. I wondered if it was going to be too much for the trails we ride, but it was pretty awesome. Front tires definitely spent a little more time in the air! The mid-range comes on very strong, it does seem to get a little softer on the top end, but it still has more top end than it did stock and you can still tell. This thing screams now. VERY HAPPY.
I didn't get to try mine. Race was cancelled due to it raining alot. From what you have posted , It's gunna be good and the next one is 2 days of Beach racing at the end of the month. :D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't get to try mine. Race was cancelled due to it raining alot. From what you have posted , It's gunna be good and the next one is 2 days of Beach racing at the end of the month. :D
You're going to love it. Trails is ALLLLLL mid range. This cam rocks. The fact that you don't have to change springs and rockers and all that extra - that alone makes the stage 3 hot cam perfect for me. If I was drag racing or a lot of dunes, i'd probably do the weber.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The problem , I have is I ride it like a CR125. Kind of bouncing off the rev limiter 80% of the time. Next mod will be spring kit , just to keep the flutter at bay.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't get any flutter. I got a rock solid machine. I will be getting an EHS lid for last of my "performance" mods, but I think thats more preventative than anything.

Next is suspension. Either retrofitting other shocks or dumping money on elka's or fox.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I didn't get any flutter. I got a rock solid machine. I will be getting an EHS lid for last of my "performance" mods, but I think thats more preventative than anything.

Next is suspension. Either retrofitting other shocks or dumping money on elka's or fox.
You have some catching up to do ! :D

·
Registered
330 Posts

Wow that stinks. Never heard of that. Thanks for info on cam.. Im very much excited to get it.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well... now I'm not happy again. I know I picked up power cause I would lose to the outlaw 525's and now I am beating them as bad as they were beating me - about 3-4 quad links. But then I raced a CanAm Outlander 800 2 seater and not only would he beat me, he would pull away. I'm wondering if my 700 should be pulling harder than it is on the top end. I would think that my sport quad with big3 AND a stage 3 hot cam would be faster than any stock utility quad out there.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I got to try my Big 3 + HC3 in 2 days of beach cross. :xx::yay::D. Me Likey !!!!!!!. I'll post more later in the week. Still trying to figure out what and How , I did it !:D

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I got to try my Big 3 + HC3 in 2 days of beach cross. :xx::yay::D. Me Likey !!!!!!!. I'll post more later in the week. Still trying to figure out what and How , I did it !:D
I feel like i'm missing high end on mine. Mid range DEFINITELY picked up, but the high end seems to be lacking still.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts