Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried fitting new front shocks and they would not line up on the a-arms. Further investigation concluded that the shock body was rubbing on the top shock mount.
Liquid Automotive lighting Bottle Automotive tire Bottle cap
Before Dremel
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Wood Bumper
After Dremel
Automotive tire Wood Rim Bicycle part Gas
Now it fits
Bottle Liquid Drinkware Bottle cap Automotive lighting

·
Registered
425 Posts
And its clear on full compression and extention?

other then that the cut does not look like to compromise the structure of the shock mount.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
What was the cost of those shocks.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
About $600 plus postage from ATV Unlimited. Atv Galaxy has them cheaper but I have delt with him and had issues with delivery times.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
About $600 plus postage from ATV Unlimited. Atv Galaxy has them cheaper but I have delt with him and had issues with delivery times.
Thanks for the info, what's the part number since I can not find our model on either web site.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Thanks for the info, trying to find the lowest price on them. Noticed they are for preload and rebound only. Do we need the compression part if we are only recreational rider.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Just ordered some FT-E36 for $485. Spoke to Elka directly and he told me this model is as good as any of their models for this bike especially since I mostly do trail riding so I ordered them thru Galaxy and should be here in 2 weeks. The rear ones are $693 but can't afford them at this moment.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am racing the British quad cross country championships this year and willing to bet they will do the job nicely .Till I can afford housers and LT elkas. It won't be this year or next. But I feel better not running the stock ones.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Yeah! If I was involve in racing I would get their top of the line model but for this simple old trail rider, they'll be sufficient or at least much better than the stock ones.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
ok sorry to be a pain but i went to those web sites and could not find where there were elkas for the xx. am i looking in the wrong place or are u just ordering ones that work on the xx but arnt made for them????:confused:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
thanks guys!:yay:

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Just installed my front shocks and did have to trim the left side or else it would not fit properly, got the old drummel tool out and was done real quick, now can't wait to test them out in 2 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I will be ordering their Stage 3 shocks for both front and back in the morning. If anyone is interested, you can download their catalog which gives you all the part numbers and prices directly from their website... in .pdf format.

roadkill

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you do the Long travel you will not need to trim anything. Just if you were wondering!!!

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Elka

I will be ordering their Stage 3 shocks for both front and back in the morning. If anyone is interested, you can download their catalog which gives you all the part numbers and prices directly from their website... in .pdf format.

roadkill
Hi Roadkill, I'm living 120km away from Elka Québec Canada , They are real cool guys I Wont tell you the price I can get those you will be pissed out:hey:
Are buying it from a US dealer?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Hi Roadkill, I'm living 120km away from Elka Québec Canada , They are real cool guys I Wont tell you the price I can get those you will be pissed out:hey:
Are buying it from a US dealer?
Let me know the price of the rear shocks and perhaps this summer when I come up, might just buy some.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts