Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to my talk with Elka today they are no longer making the stage 2 shocks with out the rebound adjs.

At $ 995 that is just a touch more than I wanted to pay for my first set.:cry:

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Are they saying that they're not making the base Stage 2 anymore and will only be making the Stage 2+ now? When I got my Stage 2+ for my fronts, you could get them with either compression OR rebound... To have both compression AND rebound, you'd need Stage 3. When I ordered mine, the Stage 2+ didn't show as being available with compression rather than rebound, but that's what I ordered and got.

roadkill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The stage 2+ is all they are making now, it comes with preload and rebound adjs.
Compression is on the stage 3 shocks, I donot understand why they still list them on there site as rebound being a option.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The stage 2+ is all they are making now, it comes with preload and rebound adjs.
Compression is on the stage 3 shocks, I donot understand why they still list them on there site as rebound being a option.
I just got off the phone with them. They've dropped the Stage 2 and now only offer the Stage 2+. But, they've also dropped the Stage 3... You have to get Stage 4 if you want compression now.

roadkill

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow well so much for shocks right now!!!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I bought Elka fronts with rebound and preload a while back and they are stage 1's. I thought stage 2's came with a rezzies ?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought Elka fronts with rebound and preload a while back and they are stage 1's. I thought stage 2's came with a rezzies ?
Yes sir the stage 2 does come with rezzies and the stage 1 does not.
What I was saying is there used to be the option to buy the stage 2 without rebound setting and now Elka is no longer offering the stage 2 with out it. Took the cost from $825 to $995, and right now there over 10 days out in getting shocks out the door.

I think im going to order the stage 1 for now and see how it works!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts