Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i ordered elka stage 2 shocks for the rear. my schocks came in and do not have resavors on them. elka told me that ALL stage 2 shocks have resavors. dealer i got them from said the ones he ordered, the ones i have are stage 2 without resavors how is that possible??:confused:

"The Stage 2 builds upon our Stage 1 with the addition of an external reservoir for more oil volume and flow that provides better cooling for a more consistant damping throughout the ride. We highly recommend the Stage 2 as our entry-level model for spirited riding, aggressive riders and for heavier vehicles."

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Already answered your PM... Basically, the dealer lied to you. Stage 2 and Stage 2+ are not listed in the Elka catalog for the rear of the 700xx... only the fronts.

According to the Elka catalog... your choices for the rear are limited to...
Stage 1+R (pre-load and rebound... no rezzie)
Stage 3 (pre-load, compression and rebound... with remote rezzies)
Stage 4 (the above with high and low speed compression)

roadkill

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
after a lot of research i think i have the stage 1 preload and rebound eb6r. and ordered and paid for for the rr36b which are preload with remote resavors which coast more. just hoping it will be made right. saved up for almost a year to get these i want the ones i ordered!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Did you pay by credit card? If so and they don't make it right, you can call your credit card and dispute the charge saying they charged you for one thing and delivered another and they will take the $$ back

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah i did. i dont like being an ass about this kind of stuff but it seems thats the only way things get done.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
First you say hey you screwed up now fix it. If they tell you :birds:, then you arent being the ass; you are just protecting your investment. Its a chunk of change for those things!

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Exactly for the price you paid for them shocks i wouldnt hesitate to be an ass i know i sure would and im like you dont like being that way

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I REALLY like being an ass when people are deserving of that action. It is kinda fun.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Sick 'em Remington.......You know after waiting all this time & saving for them that if they are not what you wanted you will never be happy with them..Make them get it right..

·
Registered
788 Posts
The customer is always right.......Especially when were talking about dumping a grand on the xx. Give em hell. If you have your e-mail confirmation with the part numbers you should be fine. Just Bitch and complain till they fix it. If anything else, I could have my wife call in for you:hey::hey: She is really good in these situations. She makes people turn 180 in these arguments.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
OK... No matter how you cut it... Stage 2 is a Stage 1, but with a rezzie.
If it doesn't have a rezzie, it's a Stage 1.
The basic Stage 1 and the basic Stage 2 are the same EXCEPT for the rezzie.
Don't know if Elka makes a Stage 2 for the rear of the 700xx... Just know it isn't listed in the catalog I downloaded from Elka direct. Also tried to call Elka to find out this morning, but got answering machine. I wanted to go straight to the horses mouth rather than trust any dealer to tell me the truth.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok so all is being taken care of. called elka again there are no stage 2 rear shocks for our quads they had valve problems and are discontinued. so the only option was to say with these and get $80 back or to upgrade to the stage 3 shocks which Baxter found for $975. so im sending them back and they are getting upgraded.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
ok so all is being taken care of. called elka again there are no stage 2 rear shocks for our quads they had valve problems and are discontinued. so the only option was to say with these and get $80 back or to upgrade to the stage 3 shocks which Baxter found for $975. so im sending them back and they are getting upgraded.
That's a great price for Stage 3. I think you'll like them. You also might want to consider getting Modquad rezzie clamps. They're more secure and look better. Mine are ordered.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
getting Modquad rezzie clamps. They're more secure and look better. Mine are ordered.
roadkill
funny you say that i already have them ordered them after i ordered my shocks. knowing the ones i was getting would have rezzis.lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts