Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So since they come set up for your weight, riding style, etc...Can that be re-calibrated if you loose a ton of weight? DOes it ahve to be done by the dealer elka or can you do it with common tools?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I have the Elkas and you can re-adjusted. If you do lose allot of weight then I would imagine that you might need to send back but I would ask Elkas since they're the ones who set them up.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I dont know about the valving and if that would need to be changed, but the springs are in 50# inc and can be changed on your own, I asked to make sure when I got mine.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Both spring rate and valving is affected by rider weight. Springs are easy to change, valving is not so easy. To adjust valving, the shock needs to be disassembled and shim stacks changed, not really something a average person could do. The shocks would not need to be sent back to Elka though for a valving change, any shop that does shock rebuilds/revalves should be able to do the work.

Doug

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well my question would be how much weight you plan on losing?

·
Registered
626 Posts
fox do the podium x for the rear of your bike however i belive these are made to suit you just like the elkas

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
around 100lbs he he

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nah. Allot easier then that LOL

·
Premium Member