Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Elka Suspension is known for being a top contender in the ATV market. There shock designs include every type from emulsion to pro models.

I have been upgrading Elka shocks to relieve stiction (static friction) within the shock. How do I do that?

We disassemble the shock, clean, inspect, replace wear parts, and use a quality oil along with an ultra slick grease. Then comes the addition of replacing the I.F.P. (internal floating piston) inside the reservoir with a bladder conversion. This allows us to get rid of stiction within the shock and maintain a constant dampening and a more progressive transition throughout the suspension compression and rebound.

**NOTE** Look at Team Matlocks elka's, if you look at the bottom of the reservoirs there is a silver bladder cap sticking out.

Cost per bladder conversion: $125

Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Along with the bladder conversion I can revalve, respring, and rebuild the elka's.
We can also DLC (diamond like coating) the shock shafts to create an ultra slick surface.

Josh
WiigStyle Racing Suspension

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
maybe next year ill have you do this sounds like a good idea but for now there still pretty new.lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Remington,

Your always welcome here man. If there is anything I can help you with please ask.

Josh
WiigStyle Racing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts