Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Elka Shocks from Wiigstyle Racing Inc.
.Fronts are Stage 2 (Compression, Pre-load) Piggyback reservoir
.Rears are Elka Stage 3 (Compression, Pre-load, Rebound) remote reservoir
Clamps for the rear reservoir.
.Clamps and springs powder coated.
Got them installed a few days ago and took a serious 40 mile ride yesterday. I rode a very familiar desert road with every type of condition except mud. The bike is "reborn ". Just like a different machine. The corrugated roads were smoothed out significantly and the "whoops" had no jolting on impact. I am not a jumper so I can't report on that condition. Generally speaking, I am very pleased.
I'll try to attach some pictures. I appreciate the help. Hope the pictures appear OK.
Sid

Attachments

·
Registered
755 Posts
Wow looks very nice with the red springs:tup: You'll like your elkas even more every time you ride.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TRX700XX,
Thanks, I need to learn more about posting pictures. The resolution turned out to be about half of the resolution I submitted there-by producing somewhat out-of-focus pictures.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
sweet how much did that set you back, if you dont mind.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I like... You might want to protect your rear rezzies and lines a bit more. A rear impact can do some serious damage to them as exposed as they are. You can move the rezzies to the inside of the uprights. I'll see if I can find a pic of my Elka"s and you'll see what I mean... tomorrow.

roadkill

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
roadkill,
I would be interested in seeing your installation. The connecting line between the shock and the reservoir is stiff. There isn't enough room behind the upright and the actual shock to secure them there. Additionally I wanted to mount them to the horizontal portions (front to rear) of the grab bar but it would not fit because the "Honda Racing" grab bar is larger in diameter and has more gussets then the stock one.
I'm opened to any suggestion and really appreciate them. :thanks:

tbird88,
As for the price, I think this is something you should discuss with Josh Wiig. With the cost of everything going up all the time and the availability of these shocks for the TRX700XX, I think it would be unfair for me to discuss costs. Josh took my shocks apart and did some extra work inside. Also shipping is a killer.
Sid

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
looks nice, y dont u put the mount clamp in the middle of the ressy so u dont need the ugly hose clamp?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
700xxmaniac,
Great idea! I'll give it a try and make sure the reservoir is still solid. Thanks, I really don't like the looks of the hose clamp either. Ha-ha.
Sid

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i didnt get any sweet clamps when i bought mine from wiigstyle.:disgust:

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Here's a pic of how I mounted my rezzies... a little more protected. But I still want your clamps. You don't really need them right?

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Here's a pic of how I mounted my rezzies... a little more protected. But I still want your clamps. You don't really need them right?

roadkill

didnt u buy some for yours?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
didnt u buy some for yours?
Was planning on, but never got around to doing it. Kinda got put on back burner... till this thread reminded me.

roadkill

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Was planning on, but never got around to doing it. Kinda got put on back burner... till this thread reminded me.

roadkill
you can always give them to me.lol

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.