Super Moderator
5,844 Posts
They had the stage 4's for that price!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M_Quick,

Where are stage 4 listed for that price?

btw - thanks for your input on the DS shocks. I decided to not go that route. I think that i would kill the structural integrity of the shock with all the grinding.

·
Super Moderator
5,844 Posts
M_Quick,

Where are stage 4 listed for that price?

btw - thanks for your input on the DS shocks. I decided to not go that route. I think that i would kill the structural integrity of the shock with all the grinding.
I couldn't find them either when I looked. Sid posted a thread and other's added links. I believe the sale on those are gone. I talked to Eric of Elka just to confirm, the sale price was all 4. Even though I have the fronts and Fox rears I was tempted. I paid over $1400 not long ago just for my fronts! The link is still active though, maybe you can still snag a set!

http://www.elkasuspension.com/products/quad/stage4kit/

·
Registered
291 Posts
Even the Stage 3's for $1199 is a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
5,844 Posts
Even the Stage 3's for $1199 is a good deal.
True but not as good as the 4's. Back when I bought my fronts, they were advertising the stage 3's for $1199. And when I inquired about them, I was miss lead and told that was just for a 3 shock set. And was talked up to the 2 stage 4's for $1400.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The only difference between the stage 3s and 4s is that the fronts of the 4s come with rebound, compression and preload adjustments while the stage 3 fronts come standard with preload and compression. I have stage 3 shocks on three different Atvs and elka has been kind enough to include rebound clickers each time free of charge. Not sure if they would still do it with the current price drop but it's worth asking

·
Super Moderator
5,844 Posts
The only difference between the stage 3s and 4s is that the fronts of the 4s come with rebound, compression and preload adjustments while the stage 3 fronts come standard with preload and compression. I have stage 3 shocks on three different Atvs and elka has been kind enough to include rebound clickers each time free of charge. Not sure if they would still do it with the current price drop but it's worth asking
My stage 4's have High speed and low speed compression adjustment. :xx:

pasted from there add... :xx:

STAGE 4 KIT – Two 36mm Front shocks plus two 36mm rear shocks
HIGH & LOW-SPEED COMPRESSION & REBOUND ADJUSTABLE FRONT AND REAR SHOCKS

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yea I forgot about the high speed compression. Elka doesn't list the new aluminum bodied stage 4s as having a high speed compression adjustment anymore but rather a new type of relief valve.

·
Super Moderator
5,844 Posts
Just took a look at the new 4's. :eek:hno: I know the lighter weight is nice, but the design on the rebound clickers they took away, and went back with a screw design. Not to mention the unique factory-set internal high-speed compression blow-off circuit, that you mentioned. If this sysytem was so unique they'd put it on the stage 5's too!

http://www.elkasuspension.com/products/atv/stage4/

·
Registered
404 Posts
I agree, but guess they had to give people a reason to buy the 5s. Overall though, I like the new design. Have the internals been changed at all? Everything but the resivoir shape appears to be the same minus the aluminum of course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts