Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may remember I posted a poll about what I should get, exhaust or suspension.

Well, I took everyone's advice and got suspension. And here are my initial thoughts.

MustangGH found a great deal on them for me so I grabbed em. They are quadruple rate springs on the front and triple rate on the back. They made a world of difference in the ride. I feel much more in control of the bike now. And when we were hitting jumps at Wolf Pen Gap there were some jumps where I heard Mustang bottom out and hit his skid plate on the rocks and I didn't. And I weigh more than he does.

It seems to walk around a little more on high speed runs but it's not all that bad.

They also change the way the rear end feels. It seems like it allows you to spin the tires more going in a straight line, and it helps you in the corners a ton. I've ridden other 700's with the L8ton 11/16" sway bar and it doesn't slide quite like them but if you throw your weight inside you can hang it out on dirt roads really nicely without that uneasy feeling that you get with the stock setup.

When jumping/popping wheelies when I hit the ground it feels like you have solid suspension at first but then it relaxes and smooths out, but after a little ride time you get used to that and it is really easier on your body than bottoming out the stock shocks.

This is just the information I've gathered from the 2 days (~60-70 miles) I've had them on my quad.

So far I'm very impressed and they are well worth what I paid for them and then some.

If you can afford them I would suggest them to anyone.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
If so I would like to try something. I will pay all costs and all I ask in return is a fair verdict. PM me , If you would be up for it ! :D "The Brit"

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I also love my Elkas. Stage 2+ (adds compression adjustment) front and Stage 3 rear... all on stock a-arms. One thing I noticed is that your front shocks seem to have the pre-load backed all the way off. I would suggest that you adjust the pre-load to about the half way point... ride... and then go up or down from there... with a test ride at each adjustment point. Find the pre-load setting that's good for you. Correct to rider and riding style/terrain pre-load can make a world of difference. Do the same for rear shocks. Dial in your pre-load first and getting compression and rebound dialed in is easy after that. Once pre-load is dialed in, you can adjust compression and rebound on the fly for the terrain of the day. You may want to consider moving your rear rezzies to a more protected spot. If someone hit you in the back, those rezzies could become toast real quick mounted to the grab bar. JMO

Baxter, you got me curious about what you have in mind.

roadkill

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought the shocks used from someone that is real close to my height and weight that is a pro XC racer so I figured where he has them set is the best place for them to be.

I don't know anything about adjusting suspension and if I fiddle with it I will just get it all messed up.

And I know I need to move the rear reservoirs. That is just the temp spot to get me riding because I put them on the day before we went riding and I was about 200 miles away from my tools.

When I get my PRM rear bumper I'll get them moved.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts