Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't have a huge budget for shocks this year. Eventually I'll do Houser A-arms and stage 3, $4000! For around a grand I can do stage 1 with stock a-arms. I read one forum where they got 25% off their Elka shocks with a group buy.
basically two questions here:

I believe Baxter has Stage 1 Elka's at least up front, anyone else? What do you these shocks do for performance vs OEM? Is anyone running Elka Stage 1 front and rear?

Next, anyone want to get in on a group buy, maybe direct from Elka so we cut out the middleman or arranged through a vendor if necessary?

·
Registered
755 Posts
I want to get Elka stage 2 with compression adjustment for the front. But i won't have enough money until July or August. The stage 2 with compression is $940 so its still under a grand.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
make sure you know what you really want before buying. if you buy s1 fronts and later want a arms it will coast about 400 more to make your s1 schocks work with long travle and i would go with the s1+r which has rebound adjustments. i think you will be happier if you run your stock ones a little longer and save up for s2 or s3 shocks. i absoulutly love mine

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
Elka stage 1's are a good replacement for a weekend warrior, If you are going to race or put on a track then save up for better . I am replacing the stage 1's at the end of the year for better shocks. :D

·
Registered
755 Posts
Do you think stage 3 with rebound and compression adjustment is worth the extra over stage 2 with compression only? Its $940 VS $1,195.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Do you think stage 3 with rebound and compression adjustment is worth the extra over stage 2 with compression only? Its $940 VS $1,195.
yes. the adjustibility is very nice to have
and for the rear your only choice is s1 or s3

·
Registered
755 Posts
Okk guess i'll try to save for stage 3. And I dont have enuf money for rear shocks until next year :steamed:.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
make sure you know what you really want before buying. if you buy s1 fronts and later want a arms it will coast about 400 more to make your s1 schocks work with long travle and i would go with the s1+r which has rebound adjustments. i think you will be happier if you run your stock ones a little longer and save up for s2 or s3 shocks. i absoulutly love mine

That sounds like good advice. I'll run the stock ones for another 8 or 9 months and just get the 3s with A-arms. I do want to race in the desert here locally in Az this September. I'll go stock and just get some racing experience with them. I need to start working some extra shifts so I can get what I want and not settle for less.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Stage 1's will work for me, and I would definitely be in for a group buy if you can pull off a 25% discount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts