Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stage 3 front and Podiums rear!!

I can get this setup for under $1800. What do you think of a mixed set? The Podium X have the same adjustment as Elka 4s for $600 less and the S3 Elka fronts are $600 less than Evols. Or I can get all 4 Stage 3 Elkas, front and rear, for $1850 to my front door vs $2200 for 4 Fox shocks. I'm leaning toward the Stage 3 Elkas all around, stock a-armms with Teixeira uppers. I already have a 9/16 L8ton ready to install.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I personally would want them all to match.
Have you ridden both setups, ELKA and Fox? I read a lot of comments on the Evols. What do you think about your Podiums.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Yea I've ridden both but not both on the XX. The main reason I went with the fox shocks was because Ed Teixeira got us a killer deal on them last fall. We had a group buy and saved alot of money that way. I am really happy with the fox shocks. They are really overkill for my type of riding, but I got a sweet deal on them so I bought them. Thanks Ed! :haha:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yea I've ridden both but not both on the XX. The main reason I went with the fox shocks was because Ed Teixeira got us a killer deal on them last fall. We had a group buy and saved alot of money that way. I am really happy with the fox shocks. They are really overkill for my type of riding, but I got a sweet deal on them so I bought them. Thanks Ed! :haha:
Evols, I can get them for $1350 and the Podiums $850.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I have heard some complaints on the Elka's valving, that sometimes it is off badly. Would only trust the Elkas if bought from someone like Wiig because I am sure they are checked before being shipped to you. Have not heard a single complaint on the Fox though. I would not be afraid to mix them front and back like you stated.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
Biffman mixed his floats up front and s4 elkas in the back. And they worked great together

1 - 9 of 9 Posts