Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the ds450 shock have better adjustement, so the elka is made for XX. So, what's the better upgrade for my XX??

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I contemplated this same thing about a year ago. I ended up going with the Elka front mainly because I wanted to drop the XX down a bit, I also liked the looks of them better. Elka set them up nice and I have been really happy with them.

That being said, if you like being able to adjust and ride hard enough to need the reservoirs the DS450 shocks may be a better fit.

I haven't really heard anything bad about either. It just came down to being able to drop the front end a bit for me.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Yfz shocks are better IMO

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I think they are a higher quality than the ds and they dont jack your ride way up in the air. You can get the yfz shocks very close to the same length of the stock shocks depending on what year bike you get the shocks from

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think they are a higher quality than the ds and they dont jack your ride way up in the air. You can get the yfz shocks very close to the same length of the stock shocks depending on what year bike you get the shocks from

:thanks:Appreciate the ellaboration.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just put the DS shocks on and only got 3/8" lift out of them. Not too bad. First impression is nice. They really tighen up the feel of the bike. Can't wait to test them for real this weekend and get them dialed in.

Mav

1 - 7 of 7 Posts