Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering if with the Elka stage 1 front shocks will give a big improvement on my quad. I got a pair new for 400$ on ebay so it was a deal I didn't want to pass, considering the stage 2 was twice the price.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have them on my XX, but they were on it when I bought it so I've never ridden on the stock ones so I cannot compare. They seem to be pretty smooth though, and I've only bottom out once, way over shooting a step-up. They soaked it up, though.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Anything will be an improvement over the stock front shocks. The only thing the stock front shocks are good for is keeping the trash can from blowing away in the wind!

Doug

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
not to hijack your thread, but do yall think the upgrade for rebound adjustment is worth the extra price?
Are stage one + rebound better than stage 2 without rebound (as far as best value)?
Im not sure how much I want to spend on shocks and definitely want to get the best bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
The Elka stage 1 is a good shock for the weekend warrior. If you are an aggresive rider then you will find there limits. I used them for xc in my first year and they did ok.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
In looking for a shock replacement, whether its a take off of another factory bike or aftermarket. Does anyone know the length, eye to eye that I would need to look for? The width of the shock mounts?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
The Elka stage 1 is a good shock for the weekend warrior. If you are an aggresive rider then you will find there limits. I used them for xc in my first year and they did ok.
I found that I wanted to be able to adjust the compression as well as have a rezzie. I got the Elka Stage 2+ for my front and Stage 3 for the back. I like being able to adjust compression for the conditions o' the day. BTW - I'm an aggressive weekend warrior... But will be racing XC in 2012 in the SCCS and I'm 63yo.

roadkill

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mine are just standard stage 1. Can't wait to install them. They should be in probably next week.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I installed my stage1 today, went for a good 75km ride. I really like the improvement it made to the quad, much better absorbing bumps and they handle like a charm. I didn't knew how bad the stock shocks were until today. I can't wait to try them this summer with small jumps but all in all I'm very impress by the improvement.
Do they need to be revalved after a while ?

·
Registered
355 Posts
I've got stage 4s so lots of adjustments but I would guess that the stage 1s will be a lot better than stock. I broke my arm in a rut last year that I can fly through with my Elkas.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.