Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any real advantage to having Elkas on the 700 over the stock shocks? Curious before I place an order if you guys have them what the difference is. Mine are still set up from factory down at the bottom, I guess thats as soft as they go. I know when i try to jump in third gear if feels like my chest is going to slam into the handlebars when that sucker lands. Was looking at going with stage 2 or 3. I dont race, I just screw around on trails and gravel pits.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The best mod I did.
It use to fell like someone beat the crap out of me at the end of the day.
Now I'm ready for more.
I'm only 160 lbs and the stockers are way to hard.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I have Elka Stage 2+ on the front... piggyback rezzi, pre-load and compression... And Elka Stage 3 on the back... remote rezzi, pre-load, compression and rebound. Stage 2 only come in piggyback and you don't have the room for piggyback on the back of our quad.
I love the piss outta my Elkas.
The biggest problem I've seen is the notion that you just slap them on and you're done. With the adjustability of good shocks comes the need to adjust for YOU and how you ride... and that will take a bit of experimenting. BUT, as a general rule for trail riding, you want your shocks as soft as possible without bottoming out on every hit. It's OK if they bottom on the biggest/hardest hits once in a while. You want your shocks to get full travel and do their job. Work with one end at a time... get the fronts dialed in and then go to the back.

roadkill

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yup anything is better then stock, i only have stage 3 in the front for now and I'em more than happy with the improvement!!! Ive bin hitting just about everything with my front elkas and they are pretty forgiving.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
shocks are expensive theres no doubt there but there IS a reason why they are. im running stage 3 all around and land smoothly on 4th gear jumps at the dunes.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is it not ironic that you can buy huge Bilstein 5160 remote reservoir truck shocks for $350 a pair but quality atv shocks cost $1500 a pair. We are gettin the shaft.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Its funny that you mention that aceoutdoor, i was just thinking of that the other day.

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
I would love to get some elkas in a group buy.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
I think we all need a sponsor. Is there a group discount we could get?
youll need at least 5 or 6 people to even start to get a discount.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.