Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to it? Do you look like a jerk if you have to pit to catch a breather? I just dont want to embarass myself.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Yeah, I do 2-3 hour enduros. Pace yourself, dont burn your energy from the start. Kind of like running a 800 or 1600M in gym class, wait till the last lap and let loose, depending on how long the laps are. You don't see many people stopping b/c they pace themselves. Ride about 70%, take it a little slower in the more technical areas, and remember you're having fun, then when you see you have a lap or two left, maybe even 4 or 5, LOL depending on how long they are, give it hell. If you ride a consistent pace, and see what lines to take and which ones arent so brutal, that will help out as well.
You probably wouldn't look like a jerk, but maybe a CHUMP LMAO. j/k. Buy a camelback if you don't already have one, and maybe a twist throttle or a thumb assist as it will get tiring on the thump.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK cool. So it isnt balls to the wall the whole time? What is a thumb throttle assist? I just bought a camlebak... damn they aint cheap...

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I usually take the first 2 or 3 laps easy and learn the track then gradually try to go faster .
I pit around 11/2 hours in for fresh goggles and gloves . Add fliuds to me and 700xx . Can't quite get 3 hours outta stock tank.
Now I have the IMS tank , I only pit when need fresh goggles .
If this is your first race then take it easy and enjoy. Pick the pace up as you feel more confident and you'll soon find your pace . :D
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
The throttle assist attaches to the thumb throttle so you can use your palm I think. I have never used one, just have seen people do it. How much was your camelback? I picked one up the other week at Dick's for $18. And Baxter is right about goggles and gloves. I would have atleast one extra set of goggles with plenty of tear offs.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Doesn't someone make a combo twist/thumb throttle? I thought I remembered seeing one offered a yr or so ago? maybe this would do for racing & pleasure riding?

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
I believe the race is 2 hrs.. It should be very cool. I just learned the picture of the creek jump on the site is this track... I got nervous all over but until I take that first lap I am sure my nerves will stay! Kelodwro what day are you driving down?
"I just learned the picture of the creek jump on the site is this track" Am I reading this wrong or is it a new foreign language. Are you guys still leaving this Saturday? I'm jealous....did you change your oil???

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
"I just learned the picture of the creek jump on the site is this track" Am I reading this wrong or is it a new foreign language. Are you guys still leaving this Saturday? I'm jealous....did you change your oil???
what...the race has a jump over a creek....only jump I ever jumped down betty bucked me off within seconds when I landed...lol

Still leaving Sat after 5:30am...

Doug told me to stay out of his garage, he is the mechanic ,I m the rider so it will be done but once again not by me...one day I will learn!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
I am nervous as hell on race day can't eat or drink fluids. My wife says I go dead quiet ! It all disappears when I put it in 2nd gear and drop the clutch , then the stupid grinning starts.:D
Good luck to you all and dagirl have you got your P!NK numbers ?

Also keep an eye on ya clutch freeplay. I had to adjust at 11/2 hours.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Was going to go today for my numbers but 2 huge trees fell in my yard, very upset about the one since an owl lived in one...any way the driveway should be clear shortly...

they said I can use black or white numbers... I am not really a pink kinda gal...unless she is playing on the radio!

thanks for the advice...going to need all I can get!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
LOL!! As long as it gets done before the race.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thumb assist extenders are awesome, I ride 4-7 hr enduros and it just makes my life a hell of a lot easier.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
DaGirl, I leave NH around 11 o lock Friday, meeting Dave that night, and then we all leave the next morning.. cant wait!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Doesn't someone make a combo twist/thumb throttle? I thought I remembered seeing one offered a yr or so ago? maybe this would do for racing & pleasure riding?
yes I run a duel Gaser by Moose Racing, love it. I will use the thumb in the woods on Sunday, twist on open trails

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so does it twist when being used as a thumb throttle? I am going to let my buddy do the twist first... The suspension of a quad is designed different then a dirt bike... I dont want to hold on to the bars, hit the bump and the throttle get pulled and me end up staring at the sky...

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
You guys/gals racing this weekend, have fun and don't break a leg!! Lucky you :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts