Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who all makes a case saver for the 700xx? The only one I can seem to find is Modquad...What if anything do the rest of you have? I haven't had much luck with Modquad stuff lately..

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
I've got the Modguad, it fit perfect

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
The what? I dont know what that is. Do you have a link?

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Very nice I didnt even think about that! Would it be possible for anyone who has it to post a pic? I would really like to see how it bolts up.

You people just haaaad to add another part to my need to buy list didnt you! lol

·
Registered
174 Posts
Very nice I didnt even think about that! Would it be possible for anyone who has it to post a pic? I would really like to see how it bolts up.

You people just haaaad to add another part to my need to buy list didnt you! lol

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

i hear ya.....i'm up to 5 parts and don't even have the quad yet:lmao:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Just look at my signature and add the 13 tooth sprocket I bought too lol. I still would like to get a gripper seat cover, case guard, and DS450 shocks or elkas (I havent decided, I am still waiting to hear how the DS450s perform)

·
Registered
174 Posts
No doubt.........pretty soon you will have your own "Page" every time you post.....:lmao:

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Ahh ok I see it now. I just went to the garage and took a look. I never even noticed that when I changed my sprocket. Its just thicker than the stock one. I feel better now that I know that there is at least something there untill I can get a thicker one. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
734 Posts
If you can get a poly case saver like the UPP one it is much better than a billet one as the billet will not absorb the hit as well as a poly one (kind of plastic).

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
I agree with roadkill. I never thought about a case saver until this was posted. My 250 ex was destroyed by the chain and we had to JB weld the hole in the case. Good post. Gonna buy one.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you can get a poly case saver like the UPP one it is much better than a billet one as the billet will not absorb the hit as well as a poly one (kind of plastic).
I just contacted UPP today, they dont have one for XX yet...sigh

I think I may buy me a sheet 0f 1/4" Polycarbonate & make a few of mine own..cant be that hard even If I have to buy a Modquad one to use as pattern?

If only you guys could see what happened to our YFZ450r race bike motor when chain came off ( & Yes we had a case saver on it, but alum, not poly) ...You be looking for one too!!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
u may want to go with a high density polyethelene or polypropolene as opposed to polycarbonite. which would have more of a tendency to "shatter" upon high impact. because its so hard it doesnt absorb as well as a propolene or ethelene based plastic. just my .02

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
u may want to go with a high density polyethelene or polypropolene as opposed to polycarbonite. which would have more of a tendency to "shatter" upon high impact. because its so hard it doesnt absorb as well as a propolene or ethelene based plastic. just my .02
good info. Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
That modquad saver looks awesome, however is it any stronger then the stock steel one? Lots of holes in it and not a lot of Billet? Maybe it's just the pic, but the stock one looks stronger to me? :confused:

·
Registered
734 Posts
The UPP one is made of polyurethane.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts