Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up guys i found a post about the engine fan not running all that much on some 700s. i bought my xx about a week ago and no nothing about it but i do love it . when riding yesterday i didnt ever seem to notice the fan kicking on. any tips on what i need to check or any known tips on how to hook it to a toggle

·
Registered
258 Posts
they dont run that much i know mine dont i cant speak for anyone on here but mine only kicks on when it needs it and mine never overheats id just keeps an eye on it right now

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
hey whats up guys i found a post about the engine fan not running all that much on some 700s. i bought my xx about a week ago and no nothing about it but i do love it . when riding yesterday i didnt ever seem to notice the fan kicking on. any tips on what i need to check or any known tips on how to hook it to a toggle
What mods do you have to the xx ?

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
It gets really hot at times here in California... But, I never notice my fan kicking in as I ride because it's really quiet and can't hear it over engine and exhaust noise. Your fan will kick in more if you're doing alot of low speed (1st & 2nd gear) riding because of the low speed and the air through the radiator. However, our quad does run much cooler than other quads that seem to have their fan on all the time.

roadkill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i only have a hmf slipon. it came on the xx when i bought it other then that its stock. i only trail ride so i prob wont do much motor wise i would like to sale the hmf though

·
Registered
166 Posts
my opinion the stock muffler it the way to go if you only trail riding. Save your money!!!! You may want to read up on the 12t sprocket and the sway bar. Easy and cheap upgrades for trail riding.

·
Premium Member
4,835 Posts
There's a simple check to do to test if the fan is working correctly.
Switch the ignition on and pull the temp sender plug off. It's near the fuel petcock aside the thermostat . If the fan comes on ,then you're 99% OK . It's also an easy way to cool the motor if you feel it is getting too hot. The fan comes on a little higher temp than most Honda's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts