Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day that when I press the throttle quickly from idle the engine dies. This was noticed after the Big 3 install. Is this normal? Its not at the point where I have to be careful when pressing the throttle but if I press the throttle fast from idle the engine does die. Any advice?

·
Registered
102 Posts
most vehicles would do that to some degree , most likely its general confusion as to what to do with all that extra fuel mix be my guess ..kinda like extinguishes the flame so to speak ...progressive roll on of throttle better for ya xx anyways ....leads up to an "evil" grin that cant be wiped off for days .....

·
Registered
452 Posts
same thing here so if u figure nthing out let me no.. thats what i thought the engine jus died cause of all the fuel

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
Reconnect the OEM computer and see what it does.

·
Registered
160 Posts
How the hell can you win a race if you can't punch it from the takes off at an idle I have never seen a Honda with this problem the more I read on the big 3 mod the more I say not no BUT HELL NO, its sounding like more and more trouble to me.

·
Registered
452 Posts
it wont do it launchin or nething jus if im sitting there for a min an i burp the throttle real quick

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
It is very common for a bike to bog or die when you snap the throttle sitting there in neutral with no load on the engine. It won't do it every time, but it will from time to time.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is very common for a bike to bog or die when you snap the throttle sitting there in neutral with no load on the engine. It won't do it every time, but it will from time to time.
This is exactly whats happening. I have no problems racing at all. It only happens, occasionally, when I’m sitting neutral idle and snap the throttle to hear that sweet sound. I can punch the throttle any other time and never kill.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How the hell can you win a race if you can't punch it from the takes off at an idle I have never seen a Honda with this problem the more I read on the big 3 mod the more I say not no BUT HELL NO, its sounding like more and more trouble to me.

I win lots of races and love my Big 3 set up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
id check your efi settings..they may be off for your setup..different pipes and air filters make different power and so on. it could be bad gas..check your fuel filter screen..it may be dirty..

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Generally if you wack it hard when its in neutral there will be a slight lag. If you wack it at just above idle then it should be fine it has more to do with engine timing than fuel. Truthfully i know a lot of people do it but im not a big fan a free reving a motor a lot like a 2 stroke like i see a lot of people do. Going from 1200rpm to 5k-6k rpm is not a big deal at all but when you free rev up higher than that i think its not the greatest for componets. Theres difference when you do it under load.

When your trying to go from 0% throttle to 60% or more throttle thats making it break up is mainly to do with ignition timing the ignition maps that are setup up these or most anything newer have a lot of points so its able to set timing at idle at 20%, 60% etc its not a flat timing curve at all so if your going from a base timing at 10 degrees at idle to a part throttle timimg when your wacking it set to 50 degrees that jump is to much for a motor thats not up speed yet. It has some to do with fuel but my suggestion is to not really worry about what its doing when its sitting there worry about how it rides. It doesnt mean your bike isnt tuned right its common which i think is what your question was about.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Generally if you wack it hard when its in neutral there will be a slight lag. If you wack it at just above idle then it should be fine it has more to do with engine timing than fuel. Truthfully i know a lot of people do it but im not a big fan a free reving a motor a lot like a 2 stroke like i see a lot of people do. Going from 1200rpm to 5k-6k rpm is not a big deal at all but when you free rev up higher than that i think its not the greatest for componets. Theres difference when you do it under load.

When your trying to go from 0% throttle to 60% or more throttle thats making it break up is mainly to do with ignition timing the ignition maps that are setup up these or most anything newer have a lot of points so its able to set timing at idle at 20%, 60% etc its not a flat timing curve at all so if your going from a base timing at 10 degrees at idle to a part throttle timimg when your wacking it set to 50 degrees that jump is to much for a motor thats not up speed yet. It has some to do with fuel but my suggestion is to not really worry about what its doing when its sitting there worry about how it rides. It doesnt mean your bike isnt tuned right its common which i think is what your question was about.

Thanks Eric.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts