Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my 700xx and I hear what sounds like a valve clearance issue, but not sure if it's that or the actual sound the motor should make. Anyone with knowledge please let me know..:thanks:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
probaly just regular motor noise with them low hours.

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I would keep an ear on it. These are known to be noisy. If it gets worse, I'd def check your valves. But for example, with my build, if I didn't hear anything, I'd be introuble. But I have different rockers and everything. So I would say you'd be okay, just be sure it doesn't get worse.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Skinner700XX,
Yes, as was mentioned, these engines are noisy. I was worried about that at the beginning then I noticed that when my helmet was on it was really quiet.:lol:
Get some more hours on it then when you get the first service it would be a good time to check the valves.
Sid

·
Registered
231 Posts
You should try synthetic oil to try and quite it down. I myself just started running mobil 1 racing 4T and seemed to make a noticeable difference in the sound and shifting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just put synthetic oil in along with a K&N Filter.. From videos i have watched and others i have talked to, it must be the normal sound of the bike.. I'll stay on top of it and if it gets louder I'll have the valves checked.. Thanks for the help..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.