Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I pulled the tip of my stock exhaust off the other day to take out the baffle, and was surprised to see that it doesnt come off like it does on my 400ex. So I was wondering if you could just cut it off, which will take the spark arrester with it, or if there is any aftermarket tips you would recomend(besides getting a full exhaust or slip on)? And if I do just cut it out would it actually make enough of a change in flow that i would need a efi programmer anyway? Trying to go cheap for now as im saving up for the ehs big 3.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
i have a 3d pwertip u can have for $30 plus shipping. it added a nice tone and do not need efi

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol good one

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
pmed u remingtonsteel

·
Registered
788 Posts
I picked up an aftermarket tip from 2R racing. It sounds awesome and was about 40 dollars and free shipping. They say it flows 2 and a half times more air then stock. It comes with a screen that you can use or toss. I too couldn't pay for a whole new setup so I went this way. If you are interested, they sent me a discount code . Just let me know.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dude wtf i already bought it now u tell me!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im kidding i know thx for the tip tho no pun intended... well maybe a little

·
Premium Member
2,099 Posts
Just an FYI but the aftermarket "tip" does very, VERY little for performance. It just makes it sound louder.
I totally agree Gary but for us broke people this isn't such a bad option. I was looking more for the sound than the performance. The stock spark arrester does look to restrict a lot more flow than the 2R one I just bought. I understand fully that this will never come close to performing like any after market exhaust. I heard several times that there is always one bastard bolt that snaps off when removing the stocker. It just happened to me. I was being gentle and it still snapped, WEAK. :cry:

"Its like an alaaaarm clock, suppose to be up cooking brefist of somdin'"....Epic

·
Premium Member
6,389 Posts
Oh I wasn't hating or pooping on your (intended) purchase. My job here is to help when I can so I try to.

Also the restriction with the stock muffler is the little pipe to the second chamber, which is barely big enough for your finger. (if you could get your hand in it)

That said though, if I was on limited funds way back then I might have done the same thing.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
199 Posts
SHHH. Be very quiet. I don't like a bunch of noise. I'm trying to find ways of quieting mine down a little.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I do realize that it is not even close to a full aftermarket exhaust, but it has to open it up a little bit. Right? Maybe I am just trying to justify buying it. It does sound pretty cool though.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Anyone have pictures of what there actually removing from the stock muffler?

·
Registered
788 Posts
Scuzz you lost me....who is on first? :confused:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts