Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a little dilemma here - I was considering the Alba full exhaust for my 700XX until I read in another thread that it has no spark arrestor and no provision for one...:nuts:

My other option was an FMF Q4 pipe with a power bomb header, so my question is will the Q4 setup give noticeable gains in low to mid-range torque? Or would it be barely any difference over stock?

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
From what I've used so, any aftermarket exhaust will give you more power but don't that you'll need to also get some kind of fuel controller, either the PCIII or V or the FMF one or else it might be running too lean.

·
Registered
574 Posts
In a little dilemma here - I was considering the Alba full exhaust for my 700XX until I read in another thread that it has no spark arrestor and no provision for one...:nuts:

My other option was an FMF Q4 pipe with a power bomb header, so my question is will the Q4 setup give noticeable gains in low to mid-range torque? Or would it be barely any difference over stock?
Mousedriver had a complete exhaust built by DASA. I got a look at it and it is very nice, with a removable spark arrestor. I don't think they have these in production yet but you may want to give them a call. Read 700xx in for Dyno before start of mods in the engine forum has a nice video clip on the 3rd page.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already have a PC V on it, and alone it doesn't make much difference. Been dead set on the Alba ever since I first saw it on here, until what I read last night. My plan is to get a full exhaust, auto-tune, and a UNI intake with either an EHS or homemade equivalent lid. I saw the DASA exhaust and it looks good, just concerned about sound. Basically I want a system that gives good low to midrange torque for woods riding, without being obnoxiously loud.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts

The Q4 is a better flowing design than stock, A slipon alone does not do much for power but with the header you'll definately make more power and feel it also.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If I get a Q4 slip on and later want to get the header, am I restricted to the stock head pipe diameter where the slip-on mounts to the stock header? Or is there an adapter that removes from the slip on for the larger diameter of the header??

·
Registered
306 Posts
If I get a Q4 slip on and later want to get the header, am I restricted to the stock head pipe diameter where the slip-on mounts to the stock header? Or is there an adapter that removes from the slip on for the larger diameter of the header??
Might as well stay with stock if you only want to put on a slip on. Yes you will be limited. I had a yoshi slip on and went to a Big gun and now I'm waiting on the Barker prototype. There are several good exhausts out there. I think the way the Barker performance is setup is going to be what works best for me. I would try to hold off of getting a slip on and get a full exhaust if you can. I know every budget is different but all you really gain is sound.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Nasty is incorrect, The FMF slipons have larger mid pipes than the stock exhaust. All FMF's for the XX come with a bushing that allow you to use it with there PowerBomb header or the factory header. The power increase installing both the header and slipon is night and day compared to just a slipon. You will need a programmer if installing a complete exhaust.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Smooth - that's what I wanted to know! Got my Q4 on the way and already have the PC5. Planning on getting the FMF header and Autotune eventually:tup:.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I stand corrected. I didn't see that on the form I was looking at. Thanks Smooth.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I have a big gun complete set up I will make you a sweet deal on, the Big Gun is a better pipe than the FMF, I will include the header and fuel controller

1 - 13 of 13 Posts