Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. I'm new to this site. I just wanted to know everyone's opinions on exhausts for the 700xx. I have an FMF full exhaust with a powerbomb header on my '04 CRF450 and i really like the sound of it. I'm sure you all know how throaty they are.

Anyhow, give me some manufacturer's and prices and i'd greatly appreciate it. Links would also be useful. Opinions are also welcome because you guys probably have a lot more experience than I do.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
On the subject of exhausts... you'll get many different opinions as members have many different brands and systems.

That being said... I'll give you my opinion. The big 3 package from Eric at EHS is good and he's good to deal with. You get a Barker full exhaust, EHS air box lid and EHS efi controller. The Barker sounds good and with a quiet core (additional item) comes within the legal limit in most regulated areas (96db)

Give Eric a call or PM him. I'm sure he'd set you up with everything you need at a good price.

roadkill

·
Registered
421 Posts
I agree with Roadkill. The EHS seems to be the way to go. I love my TBR pipe but if I could go back in time I would have bought a full system and the EHS system would be my #1 choice. Next would be the FMF.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated. I dont have the money yet so it may be some time before I upgrade. But your opinions have helped. I was looking into the big 3 by EHS. It doesnt seem like a bad deal.

The Barker sounds good and with a quiet core (additional item) comes within the legal limit in most regulated areas (96db)

I am not sure about the legal sound levels in PA but I suppose it's worth looking into.

·
Registered
27 Posts
On the subject of exhausts... you'll get many different opinions as members have many different brands and systems.

That being said... I'll give you my opinion. The big 3 package from Eric at EHS is good and he's good to deal with. You get a Barker full exhaust, EHS air box lid and EHS efi controller. The Barker sounds good and with a quiet core (additional item) comes within the legal limit in most regulated areas (96db)

Give Eric a call or PM him. I'm sure he'd set you up with everything you need at a good price.

roadkill
hey roadkill is this what you have? it looks awesome, and the dyno tests are killer! i know you recommended it

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
here is a list of the one's i know of

alba big 3 kit 749$
-pipe
-controller
-velocity air-filter

ehs big 3 830$
-pipe
-controller
-ehs lid

fmf pipe only 680$

sparks pipe only 560$

dmc 540$

yoshi slip on 400$

dg slip-on 300$

dasa pipe $???

hmf
-qrs 546$
-performance series 486$
-competition series 516$

add 220$-360$ for a fuel controller on every one except for the Alba and Ehs big 3 kits.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
yup, there's a lot of options. Take your time and research them until you find one that you like... Big Gun is another option as well

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
oh yeah. ac racing makes one too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks 700xxmaniac for the list helped out a lot. And thanks to everyone else. More people with opinions? And does anyone here live in PA? or all western states.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And if anyone can recommend me a 13t sprocket. I'd like a renthal but everywhere i'm looking they are like 25 bucks. but other people say they bought 13t for less than 15. Sorry i can be cheap haha.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
ive been doing some reading on the leo vince exhaust it looks and sounds really nice but is kind spendy for the full system
http://www.rogueperformanceproducts...&p=1&pid=5ac09d41-ca66-46f7-aa5f-3b300a3faf0d
I love mine. BTW the headpipe on these is stainless not Ti as advertised. The mid pipe and muffler are TI. They said the XX chassis flexxes alot and they broke the Ti pipes often. The SS header is a pound heavier than the Ti but will hold up and is still lighter than the stock headpipe by 1.5 lb.

·
Premium Member
1,790 Posts
I love mine. BTW the headpipe on these is stainless not Ti as advertised. The mid pipe and muffler are TI. They said the XX chassis flexxes alot and they broke the Ti pipes often. The SS header is a pound heavier than the Ti but will hold up and is still lighter than the stock headpipe by 1.5 lb.
thats interesting but yeah i would rather have the extra pound and have it last! if i didnt already have my pipe i think i would of tried this one. does it really have more of that street bike sound like in the sound clip?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Just take a 1.5lb crap before you ride and your good to go.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
hey roadkill is this what you have? it looks awesome, and the dyno tests are killer! i know you recommended it
Yep, I do indeed and love the pig snot outta it. EHS controller is very easy to adjust as I go from using the quiet core to just using the spark arrester. Takes all of 5 minutes to switch back and forth and adjust the controller.

On the subject of the 13t... There are several to choose from at rockymountain. I have the Renthal, but there are more that are cheaper. BTW - It will be listed for the TRX450r, but this is what fits the 700xx.
Renthal part # 253--520-13GP

roadkill

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

On the subject of the 13t... There are several to choose from at rockymountain. I have the Renthal, but there are more that are cheaper. BTW - It will be listed for the TRX450r, but this is what fits the 700xx.
Renthal part # 253--520-13GP

roadkill
Thanks Roadkill for the part number. I decided to just run to the local Honda dealer to see if they had anything. Only had the lightweight version of 253---520-13GP but i'm sure it will last forever so i'm not worried about it. I'm sure it's a good 35 bucks well spent. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts