Honda TRX700XX Forum - Club700XX banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys... ive only had my 700 a few days and have decided a new exhaust is going to be a requirement! Right now i am thinking im probably just gonna go with a slip-on instead of a full system so that i can save a few dollars to go towards a bumper and some nerf bars. So.... here is where im at

Ive priced the HMF (colored), DG O series, Big gun EVO / Eco, and the FMF Powercore. They are all right around $250 which is right in the ballpark of what im wanting to spend. Im not expecting a huge power gain out of any of these but i am hoping for a deeper and louder sound. So just wondering if you guys have some info on these or if yall have a favorite?? Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Two Brothers slip on is pretty good too. Check around here and see if anyone is upgrading to a full exhaust and is selling their slip on. I just sold my Two Brothers for a $100.00 last week. That would give you even more money towards other parts

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
I think if you go with the FMF you would have the ability to get the header down the road if you wanted a little more power. I'm not sure if you can do that with the others? That's the one I would get for that reason. It sounds good too!

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
I would budget for a programmer as well. Also scuzz has his yoshi for sell in the parts thread. From what I hear they are a good quality slip on. And the fmf I believe you can convert to full like red and black said witch gives you more options down the road. But I would definately budget for a programmer if running any kind of aftermarket exaust.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I think if you go with the FMF you would have the ability to get the header down the road if you wanted a little more power. I'm not sure if you can do that with the others? That's the one I would get for that reason. It sounds good too!
2X on this because of the option of a header upgrade later.
JMHO

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
get a fmf cause u can get a header too and get a pcv or pclll

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I have the FMF, and it sound sweeeeeeeetttttt hahaha. Now you don't need a programmer w/ a slip on so the experts say, but it would be wise to get one anyway.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
. the fmf is sweet sounden ive heard his

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, sounds like a fairly unanimous vote for the fmf so i suppose i will go that direction. Thanks for all the input fellas!

·
Registered
18 Posts
ive owned 3 fmf pipes..two slip ons and one full system on my 450r..always sounds good and holds together great..never lost any bolts or rivets..makes a great power increase and sounds great...fmf all the way

1 - 12 of 12 Posts